all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, March 31, 2014

Baked Penne with Tomatoes and Mozzarella



This is simply satisfying, and I just had to get this fave dish of mine in one last time before grilling season is here! 

I don’t which I like better ~ the crispy browned bits of pasta sticking to the side of the baking dish or the slightly tangy cheese that’s smothering the noodles. 

This is easy ~ it’s a low-maintenance dish that you can prepare upfront, and then a half-hour before mealtime, pop it into your oven.  The oven time turns it into a savory, deliciousness for your crowd!  If there’s no crowd, the leftovers will be magnificent!






And ~ yet again, I did it, I didn’t pull out the camera until supper was about over ~ sometimes my food is camera shy and just wants to be eaten!


Baked Penne with Tomatoes and Mozzarella

Ingredients:

1 pound penne pasta
Cooking spray
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
8 ounces mozzarella, shredded
¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan

Method:

Cook pasta, al dente, following package directions.
Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
Add garlic and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and seasonings; cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Toss pasta with the tomato mixture.
Coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
Place half of pasta in the baking dish.
Top with half of mozzarella and Parmesan, and repeat layers.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted, hot and bubbly.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve


ENJOY!


Today is opening day for the Cubbies!!!  

Here's to a winning 2014 season!!!

GO CUBS!!!




Pin It

20 comments:

  1. This is something that would really be a hit here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. It's still cold here and this would be a perfect dinner and yummy leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    Your pasta dish looks so good, with all of that gooey Cheese. this is my go to dish, when we have a crowd. Also my granddaughter love this. It's her favorite pasta dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All our dinners insist on being eaten before I fuss with a camera:)
    Looks good Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam.....Hope you're seeing signs of Spring around your place. We have lots and lots of pollen hanging out around here...
    Another delicious recipe....I'd love to have this for dinner tonight!!
    Guess I'll have to settle for pot. soup.
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Low maintenance dishes are always welcome in our home and so are the crusty bits of pasta.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, This does look nice and simple... I personally like those bits along the side of the baking dish! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking the same thing, Pam. As a matter of fact, I "threw" some lamb chops on the grill for dinner. Marion was thrilled! Of course, if I were to show her your delicious looking Penne, I'm sure she would be putting a request "ticket" in:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Pam...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this pasta would go over well around here! Easy, comforting and so, so tasty!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pasta and cheese, bring it on!
    Yummy in my tummy.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my guys would tear this pasta up! Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baked ziti is one of my absolute favorites. This looks so good Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing more comforting than a baked pasta dish with lots of cheese! YUM! May I have a bite?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing like a good cheese and pasta bake.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sorry your family member was having spinal issues.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious ~ one of my fav pasta dishes actually ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my kind of comfort food! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My kids love eating baked pasta. They would definitely love this.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for the crispy bits around the edge of the pan:) This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anything with cheese is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam