all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chile Lime Shrimp


Oh, la la!  This is a tasty sauce for shrimp!





It’s spicy, but light and good.  It’s an old recipe from The Chicago Tribune, which I filed away. We really enjoyed the saucy shrimp, and I wonder why it took me so long to make it. 

This is the first time I have used the chili-garlic sauce.  If you’ve never tasted it, you’re in for a treat if you’re a garlic and chili sauce fan!  As the ad says, “it’s a tempting blend of ground chilies and garlic.  It has a full-bodied flavor that will make your mouth water.”

Combined with brown sugar, lime juice and scallions, it’s an enticing sauce and I wish I had doubled the recipe. I will the next time ~ and, I won’t wait so long!  


Chile Lime Shrimp

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon olive oil
Nonstick cooking spray
4 scallions (green and white parts), sliced thin
¼ cup lime juice
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 teaspoon Asian-style chili-garlic sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
9 ounces peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp

Method:

Add olive oil and a generous amount of cooking spray to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add scallions and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, garlic, brown sugar and chili-garlic sauce.
Pour over scallions and simmer until reduced by half, 3-4 minutes.
Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
4 servings

 
ENJOY!




21 comments:

Big Dude said...

Sounds delicious Pam and your presentation makes me want to dive right in.

jose manuel said...

Te han quedado unas gambas deliciosas.

From the Kitchen said...

I missed this one! Now I have it and it looks delicious.

Best,
Bonnie

Carol Z said...

This looks so good. I'm a fan of shrimp any style and I'll be trying this.

Sam Hoffer @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

This is my kind of food. I can't wait to try the chili garlic sauce. It will be new to me.
Sam

Susan said...

Perfect light recipe.

David said...

Pam, This is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp I love chili-garlic sauce! A little spice and heat in the diet is right up my alley... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

La Table De Nana said...

I have never seen a Splenda brown sugar blend..But the rest yes..and we would love this Pam.

claudia lamascolo said...

Pam these sounds incredibly good a must try!

Penny said...

WE love shrimp in this house. I will be trying this soon. Thanks for the tip about the garlic-chili sauce Pam.

Shug said...

Get on back.....this is making my taste buds swell. I love shrimp and when you add all the flavors...WA-LA, you've got yourself a wonderful dish.
love it!!

Joanne said...

Love the spice on this!

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, This sounds real good to me. Very delicious and healthy.
Blessings dear and stay cozy and warm. Catherine xo

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

This will warm you up in the winter! I love chili-garlic sauce and have some in the frig right now. Delicious dish!

laurie said...

Looks amazing!

Jenn S said...

I love using chili garlic sauce... my second favorite after Sriracha :) So I know this shrimp is amazing!!!

Abbe Odenwalder said...

This sounds so healthy and good. But the important thing is that I love shrimp and chili sauce! And limes. Oh, this is just killin' me!

Rosita Vargas said...

La mezcla dressing y gambas es un maridaje perfecto me encanta luce muy bonito,abrazos.

Monet said...

What a gorgeous and healthy shrimp dish, Pam! Thank you for sharing it with us tonight!

Becki's Whole Life said...

This sounds great, Pam. I love all of the flavors,without all of the butter which is very often the case with shrimp dishes.

Lea Ann said...

That plate of food makes my mouth water. This sounds really good and must make soon. Thanks for sharing that recipe Pam.