all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grilled Catfish with Herb Rub


I really like catfish, and so does my friend, who likes it leftover for breakfast with fried eggs the next morning.  I haven’t tried that yet, but I just might one of these mornings ~ especially when it's as good as this catfish is!


Herb rubs play a large part in taking a recipe from so-so to one that knocks your socks off. This rub is spicy, easy to make and perfect for catfish.  Use only ¼ teaspoon ancho chile powder, if you like less heat.

If you have a good supply of herbs in your kitchen, you can spice up any dish.  I hope you try this rub the next time you have catfish ~ I think you’ll like it!

Bill ~ the BBQ grill master here!



Grilled Catfish with Herb Rub

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
4 catfish fillets
non-stick cooking spray

Method:

In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
Spray catfish lightly with cooking spray.
Sprinkle and rub mixture on each side of fillets.
Coat grilling pan with cooking spray and place fish on top.
Grill until done and fork flakes easily with a fork.


ENJOY!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking, for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!






12 comments:

  1. Yes, you southern girl!! Of course you like catfish. Me too! This sounds wonderful. My favorite Thai restaurant does a nice catfish dish that I hope to duplicate. First, I have to have it many more times.

    Have a great weekend.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catfish sounds good to me for breakfast. We often serve trout too for breakfast. Maybe it's just because I'm southern, but fish for breakfast is a nice healthy way to start the day. I bet the spices would only make the catfish tastier.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I've only grilled fish once...for some reason I'm chicken. Oh yes, I've only grilled chicken a couple of time as well. In any case, I really like the seasoning you used for the catfish. I will emulate it either in the over, in a frying pan or, if I can build up the nerve, on the grill. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could buy catfish here. There are many kinds of fish available but I have never seen catfish in the UK or France. I will try this herb rub though on some other white fish. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Pam I love grilled fish and especially my daugther she doesn't eat meat, only fish, this look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...my mouth is watering!!! i love catfish and this looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe I know which friend you are speaking of... and one of these days I'm going to try the same thing!!
    LOVE this rub.. simple and delicious and will work on any fish really.. heck, even chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! When are you having this for breakdfast, I'll drop by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rub sounds delicious and I like your grill pan. Your friend and I have similar breakfast taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! My family is from Louisiana so we love catfish. I don't make it enough at home though! Thank you for sharing Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bill is rocking the right spatula for fish on the grill. I got one of those after helping someone else do a cookout and they used one of those on delicate trout.

    The crust you got on the fish was beautiful, great job!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam