Shrimp Tacos with Cole Slaw



We really like shrimp tacos ~ but the kicker here is the great tangy slaw that only makes them better!  The fringe benefit is that the tacos have fewer calories, since neither sour cream, nor shredded cheese is needed.




I saw this on Bonnie’s blog, From a Writer’s Kitchen, and knew what my next new recipe would be.  I’ve been a fan of her blog for over 2 years, not only for her good recipes, but her way of writing; she has that dry sense of humor I like ~ with great stories about a love in her life, Oliver.  If you haven’t visited, you must!

Back to the tacos ~ they were truly a big hit with us!  The tangy dressing on the slaw was perfect mingling with the shrimp.  I know, for sure, theses tacos will be making a repeat performance here many times…

The slaw makes a delicious side dish for ribs and burgers too!  Thanks for the recipe, Bonnie!

Try it, bet you’ll like it too!




Cole Slaw

Mix together:

2 cups shredded cabbage
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
¼ cup chopped parsley

For dressing, mix together:

3 tablespoons sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used Canola)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper (my addition)

Add dressing to shredded cabbage mixture about an hour before serving.
Chill

For Shrimp Tacos with Cole Slaw:

Simply heat corn or flour tortillas and spoon in boiled (or roasted) shrimp and the cole slaw.


ENJOY!


Be sure to visit my friend; Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking, for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!







Comments

  1. Pam: I'm so glad that you liked the slaw! I think it might just be my go-to recipe from now on!! Thanks for the kind words.

    Our California son arrives today. Just in time for hotter weather. Looks like we might have to crank up the ac!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you are back blogging again!

    I'll be looking forward to your healthy recipes, something I would like to move towards also.

    Off to read your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything taco and these look super! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing, Pam! Bill doesn't like much seafood, but he is a fan of shrimp. I'm going to make these soon...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that you are back to blogging, too. I just happen to have a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer. Now, I just need some cabbage to make the slaw. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! The tacos look amazing and so delicious! Very refreshing treat for summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I know we would like these tacos. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coleslaw is simple and perfect! We do a lot of fish and shrimp tacos here and you are right.. the key is the slaw!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These tacos look fab and the slaw is wonderful! Great combination and I can't wait to make them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tacos look amazing Pam! I love Mexican!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splenda is my Frenda. Taco makes me macho. Slaw is awe (some).

    ReplyDelete
  12. We enjoy anything containing Shrimp. Sure looks yummy! :)
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogger just threw me out of here. I am trying again and hope this will go through.

    I love the idea of cole slaw in a taco.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shrimp tacos! These look healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, so delicious! I've made scallop tacos, but I love shrimp! I can't wait to ake these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm healthy tacos!! They look super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm that looks yummy, My husband is not a salad fan but he loves cole slaw. Will try this out on him. Thanks. Have a great weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything about these, including the fact that they are healthy, which you can't always say about tacos.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh - I adore shrimp tacos with slaw. These look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts