Hello Friends! I’m Happy to be Back!



Foremost, I want to thank all of you for your kind comments and emails.  I was amazed by all of them ~ you are kind, caring folks, and I appreciated hearing from every one of you!

our selfie
I am so happy to be back! 

And, I’m thrilled to say that Bill is doing mighty fine! He’s like a new man ~ about as good as new!  He’s eating healthy and is on an exercise program, with me following suit.

He was elated to return to his golf league in June, and realized with his game last week, he hasn’t lost his edge ~ he and his partner had the low score for the week!  
Summer has been busy, with the best part being when our good friends, Martha and Rich, from the sunny state of Florida, came to visit for several days.  

We haven’t seen them for a while, but the minute they walked through the door, it was like we picked right up where we left off. It was great! 
As for my blog, I’m still passionate about cooking, with it being healthier now.   

I’m balancing our plates to nourish us with fresh, whole healthy foods, allowing me to share recipes with you of:

Simple ~ Nutritious ~ Delicious ~ Homemade food!

Here’s a recipe for savory pork chops that have a great smoky flavor, thanks to the spicy, easy to make rub.




I cooked them in a skillet, with no added oil, just cooking spray.  They are wonderful grilled also.  The blend of spices suited us fine; you might prefer to add salt to the mix.  

It doesn’t get much easier than this ~ I’m thinking I might try the rub on grilled chicken next time.

They hit the spot!

Smoky Pork Chops
Adapted from allrecipes 

Ingredients:

½ teaspoon Penzy’s Sunny Spain Seasoning or lemon pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons ground paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 bone-in pork chops, fat trimmed

Method:

Mix first 7 ingredients, up to chops, in a small rub.
Rinse the pork chops in cold water and apply rub to them.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Heat a non-stick skillet and spray liberally with cooking spray.
Cook until done, depending on thickness.
Serve 

ENJOY! 

Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes!






Comments

  1. Welcome back! So good to hear things are going very well. Oh and the pork chops, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Pam. So glad to hear that Bill is doing well and maintaining his golfing "edge"!! Thanks for the delicious and healthy recipe.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Pam! So nice to hear that Bill is doing great. And so wonderful to be cooking healthy food. The pork chop certainly looks delicious and love it that you are using only cooking spray.
    Will be looking forward to more of your healthy cooking!
    Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news, Pam, welcome back! This rub sounds yummy with the Chili Powder & the Paprika!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me alegro de que todo vaya bien y que regreses.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you two. I had this premonition this morning and just knew I had to contact you. Great photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Pam and glad all is going so well. Your chop sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s gorgeous and I can imagine how delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, she's back!

    Glad to hear that you both are doing wll.

    Your recipe sounds delish.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you and Bill are both doing well. It is hard being sick and it is hard giving care-especially when your golf score is at the back of your head! Welcome back and don't over do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic to have you back and so pleased that Bill is doing well.

    I wish we could get liquid smoke over here. I see all these fantastic recipes and I have never seen it for sale anywhere in Europe or South Africa for that matter :-(

    Take care the two of you and don't over do it. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Full of joy your post!
    That is such a good thing.You too look great!Take care..
    I have Liquid Smoke..I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam! What a joy to visit and see a post! I'm so glad that he is doing well...and that you are too! These chops look divine. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! I'm so glad your Bill is doing well...it's tough to adapt to healthier eating but I'm delighted you've been so successful. Your chops look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad you are back and that both of you are doing so well!! I missed you!! I saw your post on my blog and as soon as I read you were back, I jumped right on to say hi! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. We can all afford to eat a little healthier, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad for you both to have this illness behind you, and ready to enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back, Pam! So happy that Bill is as good as new and that you're back in Blogsville! The rub on this pork chop looks fab and I can't wait to try these on the grill. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you are back Pam and that's great news about Bill. I know he must be pleased that his golf game didn't suffer :)

    Great looking chops with lots of flavor. Eating healthy and exercising is the way to go. Again, welcome back. We've missed you.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back, Pam. I'm so happy to read that your hubby is doing so well and is back to playing golf. I'll be looking forward to your recipes as I'm trying to be more careful about serving healthier meals too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am joining the chorus. Welcome back Pam. So glad that Bill is doing so well. Great picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im happy you comeback dear Pam,!! welcome again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy you are back and that Bill is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back, Pam! I'm so happy to hear how well Bill is doing!

    My husband loves to grill pork chops and I know he would love the flavor of these.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome back, I'm so happy to hear your husband is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Pam, What a wonderful post! I am so happy for you and Bill. I can here the happiness in your writing and the excitement to begin on your new path of the healthy lifestyle.
    I will keep you both in my prayers. Your picture is so beautiful. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ps..the pork chops look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to see you back, and so glad that your hubby is doing so well. Those pork chops do look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear you're both doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pam, it's good to have you back and know that Bill is doing well. I look forward to the dishes you'll be sharing with us. Have a wonderful day.Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello pam!! I was just thinking about you and here you are! So glad to see you back. Glad to hear that bill is doing great. Awesome news. I think we can all benefit from your healthy cooking. Those chops look amazing.
    Life is starting to settle down here... hopefully i will be back to regular blogging soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy you are back and happier things are going well now! The pork chops look delicious, and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so much better in your family! Welcome back! I like that you'll include some healthy recipes because I really need more tried and true ideas to add to my nutrition! Again, thank you for sharing your good news!!!!

    xo
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________