all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spicy Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes




When I was growing up, Mom used to boil shrimp for shrimp cocktail when entertaining.  The aroma drove our cat crazy and made me want to leave the house.  No way was I eating shrimp!





I still don't really care for shrimp cocktail; however, many years later, when Bill and I were in Key West one winter, I liked the looks of the fried shrimp at our favorite beer garden restaurant and gave one a try ~ shock, it was excellent!  Of course, unlike here in “Chicagoland,” the shrimp was very fresh there, which most likely made a difference!





Since then, shrimp dishes appear on our dinner table here at home, off and on.  This one has more than a generous amount of heat, so adjust the garlic, red pepper and Montreal seasoning according to your taste.  This is a quick, delicious recipe that I hope you’ll try!



Spicy Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
8 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons McCormick Montreal Seasoning
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1-½ pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails intact

Method:

Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil.
Add garlic, red pepper, sugar and Montreal seasoning; sauté 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and bell pepper.
Cook until peppers start to soften.
Add shrimp; sauté 3-4 minutes.
Toss with lemon juice.
Serve with rice.

ENJOY!!!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind Of Cooking.  She has unique tips on Tuesdays and yummy recipes every Friday!






Pin It

25 comments:

David said...

Pam, I love spicy shrimp...boiled shrimp...bang bang shrimp...coconut shrimp, etc.! These shrimp look great but I would have to leave out the bell pepper. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Pam said...

Dave, thanks! Yes to the coconut shrimp! Have a good day!

Gloria said...

Oh pam I love shrimps and especially with garlic these sounds delicious!

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

I am glad you like shrimp now! I just love this quick and easy recipe! I am going to pass it along to my family living in Florida too.

Pegasuslegend said...

One word... Spectacular!

Susan said...

Love, love shrimp. Sounds like a great recipe.

StephenC said...

You must stop copying me. I'm making Creole shrimp tonight with tomatoes, etc. Oh well, great minds ...

Marguerite said...

Well you know what a shrimp-o-holic I am and these sound fab and so easy, too! Thanks for the great recipe!

JG said...

These look delicious! Shrimp is so good!
~Judy

Pam said...

Gloria, great! I love shrimp too, esp. when it's cooked somehow!

Linda, wonderful! In Florida, they will definitely have good shrimp.

Claudia, thanks and have a great rest of the day!

Susan, I'm guessing there aren't many people who don't like shrimp--it's a wonderful thing!

Stephen, yes to the great minds but I have ESP also! I will be checking out your Creole dish!

Marguerite, absolutely, I know! You would love this with all the heat. I can only imagine how delicious all your Cajun and Creole dishes are! Wish I had a taste of it all!

JG, thanks! And, it's a healthy sort of dish also!

Amoridoce by coradinha said...

Hi my Dear Pam, i already seen this lovely dish on your facebook:p i LOVE shrimp!!!really loveee:) and this one, sounds delicious! thank you so much for your lovely comment about my moamba recipe:) it's from Africa:) kisses my friend:)

Karen said...

Quick and easy.. we love shrimp at our house and this sounds great!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Mmmmm I love all shellfish so this must be good. Problem here is all shrimps and prawns are precooked. In S,Africa we could get fresh and I cooked them myself, they tasted so much better!! Diane

Pam said...

Coradinha, thank you! I'm glad you like it! That was interesting with your recipe. Have a good weekend and kisses to you.

Karen, yes. That's the great thing about shrimp, quick!

Diane, you're right! Fresh always tastes so much better!

Joanne said...

Spice, garlic and shrimp sound like a tasty combo to me!

Kristen said...

I don't know if I could ever get sick of shrimp. This dish looks like a great one to add to my repertoire!

Jenn said...

As you probably know, we love shrimp - it's so easy to prepare and you can do so much with it! LOVE these ingredients together... must make soon!!!

Shug said...

Oh girl... I could eat ever shrimp anyone put in front of me. Not sure I could ever get enough...
Thanks for sharing this exciting recipe!!!

Chris said...

I'm like you, I liked shrimp better when I lived in Florida. The shrimp inland tastes funny - chemically.

katiez said...

That's funny - I've always loved shrimp - esp. shrimp cocktail. My mother wouldn't touch one for anything...

teresa said...

oh wow, this looks awesome!

Lizzy said...

After about 20 years of marriage, my hubby finally started eating shrimp! I totally know what you mean about the shrimp you can find in the Midwest, but this recipe looks worth trying! Fingers crossed for decent shrimp at the fish monger's~

kitchen flavours said...

Oh yum! This looks delicious! We absolutely love shrimps! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day!

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

Pam, that cat is so funny, I love it! Thanks for the recipe.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious dish! I love anything that is garlicky.

Cheers,

Rosa