all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken Breasts in Sour Cream Sauce

There was no doubt in my mind that sooner or later I’d do this and I didn’t let myself down!  The chicken baked, I took it out of the oven and snapped some photos of it in the baking dish.  Then I gobbled the chicken down before I realized I did not take a photo of it with the succulent mushrooms on a plate.  Sometimes I just get too wrapped up in the eating and forget what I’m supposed to be doing!
  
Yum ~ the appeal of sour cream! It gives food a great tang and was just right for the chicken when I served it over rice; noodles work just as well.  If you’re afraid of the fat content in sour cream, try low-fat sour cream or even yogurt with this recipe. This dish is simple and good ~ turning the chicken into a saporous dish!




Chicken Breasts in Sour Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

3 or 4 chicken breasts
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (I use wine)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon McCormick’s Seasoned Pepper

Method:

Place sour cream, chicken broth, salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl and combine well.
Add mushrooms and toss lightly.
Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish.
Spread sour cream/mushroom mixture over top.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Remove foil, continue baking until chicken is tender, about another 15-20 minutes.


It’s creamy, moist and delicious!





Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 




Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this looks Good! I love sour cream - especially with chicken. Bookmarked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would love this with some egg noodles. Thanks Pam, we'll be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sour cream, mushrooms, and chicken are a winning combination! I am not surprised that you couldn't wait to eat it. YUMMY!

    Have a great day Pam!
    Linda
    Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds amazng! i love sour cream... mushrooms and chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm copying this one - looks delish. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious; the combination of sour cream, mushrooms and chicken sounds too good to pass up, so it's bookmarked! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This creamy chicken is my meal! I can only imagine how tasty it was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! I'm laughing about eating before taking the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, I can't believe you got so caught up with food! Haha! JK. Now this dish I have to show my daughter, she's my sour cream fanatic, she puts it on everything1 She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam I forget to take pictures most of the time! Halfway through the meal Nigel asks me if I took a photo - bit late at that stage. That chicken looks fantastic. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enlarged this photo...then the salivation began!!! Ymm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really yummy, i can just picture it sitting on my plate, the sauce mixing with fresh pasta, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipe! It sounds delicious and I love how easy it is.

    I have done that many times, forgetting to take the picture..lol It looks pretty yummy in the baking dish:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sour cream when cooking, never had it with chicken looks like from this recipe I have been missing out... cant wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam,
    I take pictures and then forget the finished product because my husband is so hungry. This sounds wonderful.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes the food gets the better of us - especially when it's delicious and his sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an interesting combination with sour cream! Must be delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this would be such an impressive meal! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi. I live in Dublin and I'm craving something that isn't Irish for St. Patty's day. Any suggestions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to all of you!

    StephenC, I'd recommend Savory Spam Stew for you! ;)

    Here's the recipe in case you don't have it: http://www.food.com/recipe/Spam-Stew-237829

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Pam...simply sinful yet oh so delish! Gonna try this dish for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful dish! love the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This dish looks so rich, creamy, and delicious! Love the ingredients! I know exactly what you mean about the photos, and I have done the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love something like this! Pam, you're going to have to stop using big words if you want me to come back to your blog... I had to look up 'saporous' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really love this soup Pam look delicious, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  26. Easy and tasty, how could it not be great? Nice job, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It indeed sounds and looks creamy, moist and delicious...! Thank you for sharing this beautiful soup :).

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've had this recipe bookmarked for a while and finally tried it for dinner tonight. I was expecting the sauce to be thick and decadent especially after you said it was good served on noodles. My sauce was very thin and runny. What did I do wrong? The flavor was good but the sauce didn't turn out as I expected.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam