Cranberry-Ginger Sauce for Your Thanksgiving Table!



Cranberries add a little 
glitz and glimmer 
to your 
holiday meal!



Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite foods on the holiday table, and I’m not referring to the canned variety.  

I like my cranberry sauce homemade and fresh…






This is an uncomplicated, easy recipe.  All I had to do was curl the grapefruit, fill the saucepan with more ingredients and cook.  




Aromatic notes from the ginger spices the sauce up a notch.  You can use grated fresh ginger, but I had on hand a jar of minced ginger.  

A jar of minced ginger is a great handy convenience for cooking and baking that remains fresh in the jar, when refrigerated, for approximately 3 months. 




When using the jarred variety, add the same amount that is called for in the recipe.  It's a wonderful thing to have on hand when your recipe calls for fresh ginger!

In my way of thinking, no Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner would be complete without a serving or two of this tangy, sweet, delicious cranberry sauce!

It’s divine!


Cranberry-Ginger Sauce
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

2 large ruby-red grapefruits
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
½ cup sugar
12 ounces fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon minced ginger

Method:

Peel about 10 curls of skin from grapefruit.
Juice both grapefruits into a bowl; reserve.
Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat and add onion, grapefruit peels, and salt.
Sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add sugar, grapefruit juice, and cranberries, bring to a simmer.
Continue to simmer until the berries have completely softened, about 12 minutes.
Stir in ginger and let cool.
Serve at room temperature.



Enjoy!



Here's hoping 
you all 
have a 
very...







22 comments:

  1. Homemade is the best! This looks great, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Angie! Thanks, and take care.

      Delete
  2. I love when cranberries go super duper cheap. This weekend I turned one batch into sauce (but I bake mine with apples, no sugar), and the other bag, I dehydrated to use in bakes. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cranberries are great, Ivy! Yours sounds great with apples and no sugar, and dehydrating too.

      Delete
  3. wow such vibrancy your photo has just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cranberry sauce is indeed a must with the turkey, and the homemade word is magical. Once you eat something homemade you'll never want to buy the stuff. And your sauce looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Duda! Homemade is good!

      Delete
  5. I'd probably be fired if I changed my traditional cranberry sauce recipe but really love the sound of this one, Pam. Never saw that ginger before - what a great idea! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I know what you mean, I still have to serve the traditional thing here. The ginger is great, handy. Happy Thanksgiving wishes your way!

      Delete
  6. Pam, Very pretty and great sounding cranberry sauce. It has that little something extra going for it! For us, maybe we can make it next year...or perhaps at Christmas. This Thanksgiving, I ordered up a standing rib roast! Tonight will be our 3rd freezing night in a row. It will be in the 50's for the Holiday. Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! Prime rib sounds great to me!!! But, I would be run out of town if I didn't serve turkey!!! I'm roasting a large turkey plus a turkey breast as the guys can never get enough turkey, sandwiches, a la king, etc. Sounds a little cool down your way already. Happy Thanksgiving! Take care

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I love this recipe with the addition of the ginger, Pam. And yes, homemade is best! I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving and delicious dining around the table! xoxo Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! The ginger is really good with the cranberries. Here's to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Hi Pam, love that you made this cranberry sauce with grapefruits, one of my holiday favorites. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri! Yes, I would've never thought of adding grapefruit. It's unique and very good, a little tart with the sweet. Have a great Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  9. Perfect to go with our Thanksgiving turkey! And I love that you used grapefruit instead of oranges for a delicious change of pace! Hope you have a terrific holiday, Pam!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Yes, this is the first time I've used grapefruit with cranberries, it's a good combo! You have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  10. I love the combo of cranberries and ginger. And make a relish using them often. Never thought of combing that pair with grapefruit, though. Terrific idea! Your sauce looks SO good! Thanks. And Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John! Grapefruit goes with it really well. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  11. I'm not a fan of cranberries myself, but this would be a gorgeous addition to any table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so bright! I can just imagine how delicious it must be ♥

    ReplyDelete

***************************************************************************
Eat, Drink and Be Thankful!
***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
***************************************************************************




“He shoveled the bacon out on a plate and broke the eggs in the hot grease, and they jumped and fluttered their edges to brown lace and make clucking sounds.”

~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden



DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews