Death by Chocolate Trifle for Mother's Day!



Delight your mom’s 
(and everyone else’s) 
sweet tooth 
this Mother’s Day!







Who can resist the lure of chocolate?  I don’t know what it is ~ there’s something about chocolate that gets us going.

I would say this dessert is one of the most decadent desserts ever, both sinfully rich and sinfully delicious!

Brownies add some chewiness, while Kahlúa and the whipped topping make it creamy smooth.  For a fine finish, top it off with a delectable toffee crunch!

You try this and I guarantee you that it is so delicious there will not be any leftovers…

This is a chocoholic’s dream!  It’s wickedly delicious! 


Death by Chocolate Trifle

Ingredients:

1 family-size fudge brownie mix
½ cup Kahlúa or coffee liqueur
2 (4.2 ounce) boxes Dr. Oetker Double Chocolate Mousse Supreme
8 (1.4 ounce) Skor or Heath candy bars
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Method:

Preheat oven and bake brownies according to package directions.
Allow to cool completely.
Using a fork, prick holes in the top of the brownies.
Drizzle with Kahlúa.  Set aside.
Make chocolate mousse according to package directions.
Break Skor candy bars into small pieces by tapping on them with a hammer while in the wrapper.
Crumble half of the soaked brownies and place in the bottom of a trifle bowl or large glass dish.
Cover with half the mousse.
Layer with ⅓ of the candy.
Spread half of the whipped topping over the layers.
Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
Garnish with remaining ⅓ candy bits.
Makes 24 servings


Enjoy!






Here’s wishing all of you moms ~
Happy Mother’s Day
full of  
happiness, love and relaxation
doing what you like to do best
because it’s
YOUR day!
ENJOY!!!








20 comments:

  1. Oh my this is not good to see when your dieting that's it I am indulging on this one good lord who could resist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that, Claudia!

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam,
    How lovely is this dessert. You hate to scoop it out of that beautiful bowl. But, I think I have to just have a little. It looks delicious! You had me at Kahlúa and Heath bar! Oh my this is a fabulous dessert..thank you for sharing. Also I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day too. Thanks...Enjoy!
    Hugs Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam really delicious triffle :)
    Hope you have a lovely mom's day <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chocolate lover would adore this. Happy Mothers Day Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, this looks like a slice of heaven. I'm a huge chocolate fan, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, Terrific chocolate overload! Yikes... My better half would leave home for this dessert... Happy Mother's Day! Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks sinfully delicious and I can't wait to try it! Have a very Happy Mother's Day, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks ever so TEMPTING! Coffee and chocolate are a dream team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Pam, a wonderful dessert to indulge in for Mother's Day.
    I hope your day is beautiful. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well wicked and delicious sound good to me!I think I may have had this at one time, years ago. Wow..it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well wicked and delicious sound good to me!I think I may have had this at one time, years ago. Wow..it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad we live so far apart, I would come over and help myself to
    some, Looks yummy!

    Hope your day was great!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS mother would have loved your chocolate trifle for Mother's Day dessert! Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, I love chocolate. This looks delicious. I am saving this recipe and next Mother's Day will leave strong hints for my kids to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow but I hate to think what this would do to the bathroom scales :-)))) Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yum! Best. Trifle. Ever. Really inspired combo of ingredients -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I'd love this with the chocolate and Heath Bar bits! Looks to pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my. With this in front of me I'd be happy to have Mother's Day every day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Mother's Day. Wow, that looks good!

    ReplyDelete

***************************************************************************
Eat, Drink and Be Thankful!
***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
***************************************************************************




“He shoveled the bacon out on a plate and broke the eggs in the hot grease, and they jumped and fluttered their edges to brown lace and make clucking sounds.”

~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden



DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews