Chicken Cutlets the Blue Bloods Way


I’m a huge fan of “Blue Bloods!”  I’ve watched it faithfully from the get-go back in 2010, and adore the Reagan family!





Owing that I'm a cookbook junkie, and a fan of the show, The Blue Bloods Cookbook is right up my alley.  It includes great recipes, with stories about the show and cast sprinkled around…






The family dinner scene is a part of every episode:

Bridget Moynahan - who plays Assistant DA Erin Reagan relates in the cookbook, how to make eating look natural take after take, and hopefully not talk or chew with a mouthful of food:  she smashes her food around on the plate.  

Amy Carlson - who plays Linda Regan - is always cutting her food, while Tom Selleck - the Police Commissioner - has the best strategy, he forever butters his roll. He knows a good thing; it’s easy, natural, and he has made sure he’s the only one on the set using that tactic!  





As for the cookbook, there are so many great recipes to try ~ Four Cheese Mac-and-Cheese,  Yankee Bean Soup, Rumaki, and Drugstore Chocolate Cake. 

Chicken Cutlets was my first one to try ~ Bill and I thought it was an ideal delicious way to dress chicken up! 


 
 









Chicken Cutlets
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup flour
3 large eggs
1½ cups bread crumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup olive oil

Method:

Sandwich each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy-duty wax paper.
Using a kitchen mallet or the bottom of a cast-iron pan, pound the breasts until they are each about ¼ inch thick.
Season each cutlet with salt and pepper.
Set up a breading station:  
Put the flour in one shallow dish. 
Beat eggs with a teaspoon of water and put them into a second shallow dish.
Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan and oregano in a third shallow dish.
Dredge a cutlet in flour and shake off excess.
Dunk it in the egg until it is well coated and let excess drip off.
Press it into bread crumbs all around, so that it’s coated on both sides.
Shake off excess and transfer the cutlet to a clean plate.
Repeat with remaining cutlets.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Cook cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Work in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding the skillet, and add more oil if needed.
Transfer to platter and serve.



ENJOY!




Comments

  1. I am a fan also, and the cookbook sounds fun! Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Melynda! Glad you like it also!

      Delete
  2. I love the show too but have missed episodes and seasons:(I had seen the cookbook..thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique! I don't think I've missed one, thanks to the DVR. Cookbook is good also!

      Delete
  3. Pam, Blue Bloods isn't on our TV 'radar' even though Laurie has always really liked Tom Selleck. However, I do like this chicken cutlet recipe. I've grilled chicken 'tenders' but I've never really created 'cutlets' from chicken breasts. Don't know why but it's now on the menu! Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! Cutlets are great to cook and I want to try it on the grill, but not now--- it's 9 degrees and snow is on the ground! Take care

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of Blue Bloods - my fav is between it and Madam secretary - I will watch what they do with their food from now on. I never dreamed they had a cookbook - your cutlet sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, Larry! I love Madam Secretary also. The cookbook came out late last fall, it's pretty good and interesting. Here's to Blue Bloods!

      Delete
  5. Definitely a big fan of Blue Bloods here, too. Bridget M. graduated from our high school, so it's great to see her on t.v. :) Now that you mention it, Tom Selleck is always buttering a roll. I never gave it much thought.

    It's a balmy 37°F & snowing. Chicken is yummy any time of the year!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, Judy! She's a great actress. Yes, he's always buttering up! :-)

      Delete
  6. Never have seen the show, Pam. But the cookbook looks interesting and the cutlets are mouth watering! Love the crunch of Parmesan and bread crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! They were good!

      Delete
  7. This is cracking me up! We are recent new fans of Blue Bloods and even went back on Netflix and bing watched old episodes - love their weekly dinner and I never knew there was a cookbook! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Tricia! Glad you're a fan of it now and Netflix came through. The cookbook is good like the show.

      Delete
  8. Never seen Blue Bloods! Need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, so funny, I love the Blue Bloods too, my husband is always teasing me about them, did not know they have a cookbook out will have to check it out. Their weekly dinner is one of my favorite parts of the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get that too! :-) They've had some interesting dinners for sure and I'm glad you're a fan also, Cheri!

      Delete
  10. I have never watched the Blue Bloods. But I think the chicken cutlets from the cookbook looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! We liked them. Take care

      Delete
  11. Blue Bloods is a good show. Great Chicken Cutlet recipe. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, Geraldine! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  12. I've watched a few episodes of this one. I love Tom Selleck and how he grew old and handsome. This chicken looks delicious and I am bookmarking it to make it for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Katerina. Tom is great on the show. Hope you like the chicken too, should you try it!

      Delete
  13. it's always interesting to me learn trade secrets! i haven't seen any episodes of this show, but i suspect i'd like it because i've always been a fan of tom selleck. this chicken definitely gets a stamp of approval!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! Yes, I always like those bits of trivia also.

      Delete
  14. Haven't seen the show, but the book sounds like a lot of fun! Great recipe -- so much flavor. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! Lots of flavor in that cookbook! :-)

      Delete
  15. I always love the dinner scene :-)) The chicken cutlets look very delicious. Thanks for sharing, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Me too! I'd sure like to have a seat there! Take care

      Delete
  16. I have only watched the show a few times, but I did enjoy it. The cookbook looks fun and your first recipe a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have only watched the show a few times, but I did enjoy it. The cookbook looks fun and your first recipe a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy, does this chicken look fabulous! And made with all pantry ingredients! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Pam, Sounds like a great cookbook. I like the show too.
    The cutlets sound delicious. The pictures look wonderful.
    Stay well and keep warm. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a delicious way to prepare chicken looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blue Bloods, why have I never heard if this show. Now I am curious. A show with food is even better. Great chicken cutlets recipe with parmesan and curious about the Drugstore Chocolate Cake you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love watching Blue Bloods too and the big family dinner scenes are always a great part of the show. I didn't know about the cookbook! The chicken looks great! BTW, I posted a recipe from the West Town Tavern cookbook in mid December :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw Bridget Moynahan the morning news show talking about how they manage to talk and look like they are eating a meal…interesting. My husband makes chicken cutlets the same way and I can attest to how good they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my favorite shows. I know I'd enjoy the cookbook and this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, were the heck have I been Pam? I've never even heard of this show. I need to get with it; but then again, maybe I don't need to start getting addicted to a new show! I love this recipe, always something breaded is great in my book! Hope you're staying warm!
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've not seen this but how neat is it that they have a cookery book. Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________