Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breasts Dijon


Our Italian butcher, here in town, makes the best Chicken Dijon ever.  It’s the shops’ biggest seller, and for good reason ~ it is delicious, and the smell of garlic as it’s baking is over the top with aroma!


It is delicious, much better than it looks!


Richie won’t share the recipe ~ this is how close I came to it.

I realized too late, I should’ve lightly pounded the chicken to flatten or cut it in half horizontally.  

This turned out close to the shops’, but there are some spices missing that I haven’t figured out yet.  And he probably adds more garlic.


Chikbakingpan

Meanwhile, this was very good, Bill and I were happy with it!

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breasts Dijon
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Butter a baking sheet or rack.
Mix oil, mustard thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Add chicken breasts and coat both sides, set aside on a plate.
In a shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan and garlic powder.
Dredge chicken in Parmesan mixture, coating heavily, patting it into the meat.
Place chicken on prepared rack set over a baking sheet.
Bake until chicken is golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes, depending upon how thick chicken is.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

ENJOY!

Comments

  1. I love chicken baked w/ a coating..I now slice mine horizontally;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Now I have to try it horizontally! Thanks, Monique!

      Delete
  2. Looks good. But all your stuff looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    Another delicious recipe from your kitchen. Love all the ingredients and the cayenne pepper gives it that kick...Your dish looks wonderful and very inviting. Thanks for sharing your recipe..Have a great day! Good Job!
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! Thank you! Yes, there is a bit of kick to it, and it was really delicious. Love that Parmesan! Take care and have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Pam , tried to pull a piece off the screen , no luck , will have to make this delicios dish for dinner tomorrow ...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nee, now that would be great!!! I'd be pulling all the good things from your blog! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I bet it was delicious Pam. Parmesan and Dijon are always fabulous together.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Yes, it's a perfect marriage with those two! Take care

      Delete
  6. Delicious! And those greens beside it look pretty tasty too!!

    I think our ten days of "summer" are over!! It is nice and cool again here. I'll take it!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Yep, it is downright chilly now! Take care

      Delete
  7. Good morning Pam.....I'm guessing with all your expertise in cooking, that you came pretty close to the taste. Looks delicious from where I am....and the greens too!
    I always enjoy your wonderful recipe. I even try them out.....do I show you? Negative.....because my results never come out looking like yours! Enjoy the day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shug! This was pretty close in taste, but theirs is much more photogenic. A photographer, I am not! Glad you've tried some and I bet they were great! Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  8. Yours may not have matched the butchers exactly, but the crust looks delicious and the meat looks juicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! The crust was great, and we devoured it for sure. Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Hi Pam, you have your kitty back up! so precious....love this recipe, the crust looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, I do, couldn't resist him! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Pam, I"m catching up after a trip to visit friends in Florida. I love chicken prepared like this! The distinct flavors of the mustard and Parmesan with a touch of garlic and cayenne are right up my alley! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love crusted chicken breasts! I need this now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perhaps dried basil and oregano? This sounds delicious and Dijon makes everything taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Pam, Looks delicious and I am sure it was. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts