all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Monday, September 22, 2014

Baked Citrus Salmon



I like this recipe because it’s simple, it looks appetizing on the plate, it tastes good, and because it’s salmon…




There’s a kick to the blend of ingredients in the paste, not too hot, with a touch of sweetness too.  It’s easy to whip up and good for any night of the week.

This is a delicacy you don’t have to feel guilty about! 


Baked Citrus Salmon

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1 tablespoon ancho chile pepper
Salt, to taste
1 lemon, sliced
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
Non-stick cooking spray

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
Place fillets in a large baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Divide lemon mixture equally and spread over salmon.
Top fillets with a couple of lemon slices.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve


ENJOY!





15 comments:

  1. Pam, This salmon entree looks really good! The question is why haven't we begun cooking fish at home? Once in awhile we'll cook a pre-prepped ready for the oven fish entree for dinner...but we've never gotten comfortable cooking fish dishes from scratch, even though most preparations are simple. We have to get over our uncertainty and get 'er done! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pam, I love salmon and this is a very nice recipe. I like the added heat a bit. Have a beautiful day. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you believe that I love fish .. (white fish)and I don't like Salmon. I bet your recipe would be good with my favorite Talapia too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious Pam - I think you've achieved the oven version of blackened salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy Pam. We love salmon and are always on the lookout for new recipes.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sam! We love salmon and I have a file just for it. I'll be adding this.

    Yes, go Bears! The Baker is out of town (out of the country, actually) so Oliver and I are tailgating it in the den.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww you always salmon amazing!!!
    Love your recipes:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks so tasty! Sam and I have baked Salmon a couple of times in the past two weeks. This is a new thing for us.
    What kind of Salmon do you buy? Our first salmon was good, the second was not as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salmon is one of my favorite fishes! Actually most favorite! And there never will be to many ways to prepare it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to all of you!
    Shug, the stores here sell Atlantic salmon, sometimes I can find wild Alaskan salmon, which is probably better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn delicious and comforting citrusy salmon!!!
    great job my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious! We just bought some salmon, and we're going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could eat salmon every day -- I think -- and this looks so easy and good. I'm keeping an eye out for a good sale and I'll be back to try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam