Slim Potato Salad



Bill is a big fan of potato salad, and I like it too. 



If you like potato salad chock full of onions, olives and pickles like we do, you’ll like this.  And it goes with about any meat cooked on the grill!

And, even better,  it's a lighter version:




There’s not much more to say about it except that it tastes good!  Give it a go!





Slim Potato Salad



Ingredients:



5 medium red potatoes

1 small red onion, chopped

12 stuffed green olives, sliced

12 sweet petite pickles, sliced

1/3 cup light mayonnaise

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

1 teaspoon celery seed

1 teaspoon seasoned pepper



Method:



Wash and peel potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces.

Cook in boiling water until fork tender, drain well.

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, olives and pickels.

Add remaining ingredients and toss until well-coated.

4-6 servings





ENJOY!






11 comments:

  1. Sweet pickles are an absolute must in potato salad. Yes, I remember you are a southern girl like me!! I've never done olives. Why not, we like them too. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy potato salad and this sounds tasty....am leaning toward black olives....green reminds me of my childhood. Mom always had green olives with those " little red worms" in them! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, My better half would love this potato salad! Me...not so much. I could never understand anyone eating cold potatoes... Color me weird I guess. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good Pam! The fact that it is light makes it even better. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of olives, but my sweet hubby is not. But hey....this doesn't mean that I can't make this delicious pot salad for myself!! Think I will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of potato salads and like to shake them up a bit with different techniques and ingredients. Lighter versions are always welcome in our kitchen.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to reach in and take a spoonful. Or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very yummy to me. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I haven't made potato salad yet this summer! Yours looks so good. I hasn't been that long since I've been using pickles in potato salad and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pinned this one, it's a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hum, Pam, seems really taste!

    Your Fan nr1 from Portugal

    JS

    ReplyDelete

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

The smells of slow cooking spread around the house and impart a unique warmth matched only by the flavour of the food.
~ Yotam Ottolenghi

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’





Christmas cookies and happy hearts ~

that is the way

the holiday starts!




DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❤ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❤

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❀ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❀
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews