all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Monday, June 16, 2014

Grilled Catfish with Spicy Rub



Three of my favorite things ~ summertime, grillin’ and catfish…


Voila!  Ready to eat!

The seafood case at Jewel is filled with an abundance of large delicious fillets of catfish now. And, grilling is the simplest method of preparing them.  Catfish is a firm-fleshed fish, with a distinct taste I like, which doesn’t fall apart easily, making it perfect for grilling.


The secret to tasty grilled catfish is in the treatment before grilling.  That’s where this rub is the star ~ it’s spicy, adding vibrant flavor quickly to the mild fish, with an appealing color, and a crispy crust also. 


Rubbed for the grill

Perfect summer fare from the grill that will melt in your mouth and is healthy too!


Grilled Catfish with Spicy Rub

Ingredients:

4 catfish fillets
3 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
Cooking spray

Method:

Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Lightly spray grill pan and fish with cooking spray.
Apply the rub to catfish.
Grill over medium-high heat until fish flakes with a fork.
Serve


ENJOY!





12 comments:

  1. I will be sharing this with Mr. Ken. He loves catfish and he'd like the rub too!
    Oh, he'll be in heaven!!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, Love the rub and the finished catfish filets look terrific! Got to try this at home... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rub sounds very good and the fish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rub sounds nice and spicy and the fish looks perfectly delicious.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like spicy, so I know I would like this!! We really need to start eating more fish! Hope you have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing Pam and I dont need a plate Im sure only with a fork I would be eaten in the grill!!
    Look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh pam.. that looks fantastic!!!! i am craving fish now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you're speaking my language, cher! :) Looks fabulous and I love that rub. Going on my must try list, like for tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I adore Spicy Grilled Catfish, Pam. I only wish I could make it for dinner tonight!

    Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish we still had a Jewel here. I haven't seen catfish in the fish case for a while but will have to look for it now. Love the spicy rub.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Pam, this certainly looks good. I bet it is delicious. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trevor will go nuts over this. He likes catfish and we don't make it enough for him.

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam