all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Honey-Mustard Butterfly Pork Chops



I remember, when I was young, Grandpa tearing off a hunk of bread, slathering it with yellow mustard, not butter, and devouring it. 

He also ate 2 scrambled eggs, in lard, 3 meals a day forever.  He was a hard-working farmer who died in 1975, when he was 85 years old.




Back to the mustard ~ it’s hands down my favorite condiment also.  Use your favorite mustard in this recipe; be it yellow, Dijon, or stone ground.

I guarantee if you spread this tangy sauce of Dijon mustard, honey and seasoned pepper over your pork chops, it will jack them up into a tender moist goodness!

It doesn’t get much easier than that, nor “tastier!”





Honey-Mustard Butterfly Pork Chops

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons yellow or Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
Seasoned pepper, to taste
2 butterfly pork chops

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Place pork chops in pan and spread sauce over chops.
Bake 30 minutes or until done.


ENJOY!!!






16 comments:

  1. Make my Dijon hands down. We only use yellow mustard on a hot dog and not even very frequently. Great looking chops Pam.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mustard as well. So good
    in so many different dishes.

    And yours looks YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mustard, but although I live in the land of Dijon mustard I must admit to loving German mustard - oh well. Bet it would also taste great on chops :-) Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look sooo good Pam love your recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This is our kind of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds very good Pam and I'm also a mustard fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, Those chops look terrific. The rub or sauce sounds great. Although mustard isn't my favorite, I do like it on some foods as appropriate. I keep a jar of horseradish mustard handy and my wife uses a lot of the spicy brown variety. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet these ARE yummy.
    But really you had ME
    at pork chops!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see this post......Was discussing just this past week, with a friend of mine, about dijon mustard being put on meats....I had no idea that it made meats so tender....
    Great recipe you have here..
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honey..mustard and pork.
    My kind of trilogy:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. there's nothing like honey mustard and pork chops - SO scrumptious - love this recipe!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mustard is my fave, too, Pam! Mustard with Pork is sooo good & this must have a great tangy flavor!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The great thing about mustard - no fat - and it gives such great flavor with no guilt. I love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just the other day I was day-dreaming about pork chops with mustard. Will you marry me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. My hubby loves mustard....I bet he would like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice, simple, family food. Doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam