all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, January 24, 2014

Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes



It’s 2 degrees now, with wind chill -20 degrees ~ just another day of arctic cold blowing through here again today!  The wind is “howling” and, we can look forward to several more inches of snow this afternoon.  Paradise, it’s not!

I’ve been cranking up the oven a lot lately because of the weather and this chicken dish was dinner last night.  Just combine simple ingredients in a roasting pan for a complete meal that doesn’t require additional work from you!






It’s a one-pan meal of chicken and potatoes, which is infused with lemon, garlic, and rosemary.  The Southern Living recipe, uses chicken legs and thighs, I made it with breasts and thighs.  The addition of capers and the great sauce with balsamic vinegar tops it off.

It’s easy to pull together for a weeknight dinner, or company too!


Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Adapted

Ingredients:

2 lemons, sliced
1 (3.5 ounce) jar capers, drained
10 garlic cloves, smashed
3 sprigs rosemary, halved
2 chicken breasts
4 chicken thighs
2 pounds small red potatoes
1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Arrange first eight ingredients in a roasting pan.
Whisk together oil, juice and vinegar and drizzle over chicken.
Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
Roast until chicken has browned and is done, about 50 minutes.


ENJOY!







16 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Good Morning, Pam!

We don't have the snow, yet, but we sure do have that frigid cold. Brrrr....

Your chicken dish looks so delicious. I actually "threw" some chicken in the oven last night with potatoes, onions and peppers. Although I wanted to have the oven on, I just didn't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. I wish I would have thought to drizzle a bit of balsamic though. I think it would have brought the dish to the next level.

Sending sunshine your way, Pam. We have a lot of that thank goodness:)

Thanks for sharing...

Nellie said...

Yum! This sounds delicious! I have oven fried chicken on the menu for tonight!

We are six degrees here this morning. I haven't heard the wind chill, but the temperature is colder than we are accustomed to having.

Stay safe and warm!

David said...

Pam, Nice looking chicken entree! It was 8 degrees here last night...but still no snow...only a trace. Should be in the high 40's on Sunday. The north is really getting pounded this year. Hang in there! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

jose manuel said...

Que delicia plato

Shug said...

Very cold here yesterday...Cold today and expecting temps in the 70's tomorrow. Crazy Texas Weather.
those heirloom tomatoes in this recipe really caught my attention...
Y'all stay warm and comfy....
have a great weekend..
shug

Enjoying my HF sausage and cheese :)

Sam Hoffer @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

This is my kind of meal Pam. I hope your weather warms up soon.
Sam

Big Dude said...

This brings many of our favorite ingredients together - we had fish in lemon-butter-garlic-caper sauce just last night and we discussed using chicken. With the addition of potatoes and the other sauce items, I can imagine how good yours was. While not nearly to the degree, the cold is reaching us in South Florida. Stay warm.

La Table De Nana said...

This sounds so flavorful! Thank you!

scrambledhenfruit said...

What a great way to warm up on a cold evening! This looks delicious- I love it when dinner's all done in one dish! :)

Gloria Baker said...

Sorry you are cold dear Pam but in a time you will be in spring:)
This look delicious!

Monet said...

Hi Pam. It's about to get really cold here again...this meal sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Thank you for sharing it with me! I hope you have a blessed start to your week!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

The weather here is very wet but the temperature is fairly mild. This dish sounds very yummy. Have a good week Diane.

Jenn S said...

I wish I could send you some warmer weather... I will spare you the details of just how warm it is here too.. don't want you to hate me :)
This dish sounds so comforting and easy... love the flavor combination!

JG said...

The balsamic vinegar & rosemary flavors sound great with the chicken & potatoes. This dish looks so good!
~Judy

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, That looks good. I love the capers and I am new to loving rosemary, ever since I planted it in the garden. They are such great flavors.
Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Abbe Odenwalder said...

This is my kind of recipe. Pinning!