Hoisin Glazed Salmon


In 46 years of being married to Bill, this is a first!  Who would’ve thought?



It’s an understatement, to say Bill's not crazy about salmon.  So, recently at the fish counter, when he said, “Buy some salmon fillets,” you could’ve knocked me over with a feather!  Huh???  The man has pretty much refused salmon of any kind, for any meal, anywhere!

Salmon is way up there on my list of favorites though, no matter how it’s prepared, and I knew I had to make it especially delicious last night...

And, I did!  This is salmon, the quick and easy way!  The spicy glaze makes it flavorful and delectable.  It’s a perfect blend of ingredients, complimenting the salmon.  Hopefully, it will convert that non-salmon lover in your neck of the woods, like it did Bill!


Hoisin Glazed Salmon

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons hoisin garlic sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
4 (6-ounces) salmon fillets

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
Arrange fillets in a shallow dish and pour marinade over all, turning to coat evenly.
Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over salmon.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve 

ENJOY! 

Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes!







Comments

  1. This sounds very tasty. Our men surprise us at times, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pam I love salmopn and black sesame !! I bookmarked this!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not wild about salmon but I'll eat it because it's good for me. I have to have a lot of flavor on it in order to eat it though. I love hoisin sauce so I know that I'd really enjoy this salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, Fortunately we both like salmon. However, we've never gotten into the habit of cooking fish at home...perhaps a lack of confidence. Most of our fish is consumed in restaurants. FYI, I did cook salmon on the grill once and it was the best ever! However, it was Copper River Salmon...its the best but its hard to come by. (No snow so far in E TN...mid-40s today) Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both are big salmon lovers and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. This sounds delicious and I always have some sesame seeds in the frig.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so simple and so tasty. And LOL about that husband. Love those surprises don't we.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are both salmon fans and if this recipe can turn your hubby around, it must be tried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose it's all in how it's cooked, and you being the GREAT cook that you are, probably put some magic touches on this dish...I believe I'll give this a try, as I'm not a big salmon lover myself.
    You always know exactly what spices and such to use...It amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you give Chris whatever Bill had, because I dream of the day he'll say "buy some salmon" lol I usually have to make a piece for me and piece of something else for him!!

    Love Hoisin glazes on chicken and fish.. will try this next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salmon is one of our favourite meals, but it needs to be wild and not farmed we think to have a good flavour. I am cooking salmon for lunch tomorrow :-) Keep well and have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love salmon and generally eat it every week. I'm looking forward to trying the glaze. Hope you're having a cozy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so fortunate that my hubby loves salmon. One, it has to be grilled outside; two, it has to have a wonderful sauce like this. Your recipe sounds delicious and kudos to your hubby for trying it.. I just wish there were more wild caught salmon options available at our stores.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always looking for new salmon recipes! This looks great Pam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________