Spicy Shrimp with Squash


We like shrimp not only because it tastes good, but also because it’s quick and easy to prepare.




I pulled zucchini squash, yellow squash, and green onions out of the refrigerator and sautΓ©ed them for a minute with a little minced garlic.  To spice it up, I added Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, and plenty of seasonings. 

It had a light spicy sauce ~ perfect for shrimp and fresh veggies.  A quick dinner that we really enjoyed, and I hope you do too!


Spicy Shrimp with Squash

Ingredients:

1 pound shrimp, deveined and
Olive oil cooking spray
1 zucchini squash, sliced
1 yellow squash, sliced
4 green onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (10-ounces) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
1 tablespoon Ancho Chile Pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons corn starch
2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped


Method:

Coat large skillet with cooking spray.
Over medium-high heat, add squash, onions and garlic.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
Add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
Stir in seasonings and lemon juice, combining well for 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes until no longer pink.
Serve over linguine, or your favorite pasta.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.


ENJOY!


Be sure to visit my friend; Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking, for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!





16 comments:

  1. Pam, this looks really good. A nice pull together meal.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and delicious with a little kick! This is my kind of recipe. Thank you for sharing Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always on the hunt for new ways to use shrimp and your recipe looks like a winner. We certainly have plenty of squash these days.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estupenda la receta, me encanta como se ve.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Pam! I always have a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer - so quick and easy to throw something together for dinner with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick, easy and darn tasty too! It doesn't get any better, Pam!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love shrimp, and this looks great! We have so much squash I try to use it in everything- this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm I love spice! What a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam....so glad you are back and that Bill is doing well. I have missed you!!
    Shrimp and spice....can't beat these two things combined...I could eat my weight in shrimp and let me tell you...that would be a lot of eating!! lol.
    Yay!!...looking forward to all your recipes..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! Shrimp is also low in fat and calories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shrimp for the same reason.. it's soooo easy! This sounds delicious, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love meals like this, Pam. Like everybody else I have tons of zucchini right now. Would never have thought to pair it up with shrimp, and it sounds delicious. I like the quick and easy part too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pam, I'm catching up on my blog reading. We were away on a trip and I always leave the computer behind. I would have never thought of this combination of veggies with shrimp...but it looks and sounds great! Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

The smells of slow cooking spread around the house and impart a unique warmth matched only by the flavour of the food.
~ Yotam Ottolenghi

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’





Christmas cookies and happy hearts ~

that is the way

the holiday starts!




DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❤ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❤

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❀ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❀
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews