all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cauliflower and Roasted Corn with Chili Powder and Lime


This recipe immediately caught my attention ~ 2 of my favorite veggies, cauliflower and corn!  




I was really surprised with the goodness of this recipe the first time I tried it, and thought it was a tasty mix of ingredients.  The recipe is adapted from the “Heart Association Cookbook.”  I’ve made it with corn on the cob roasted in the oven; corn roasted in husks on the grill, and canned corn also.  Use whichever method you prefer, it’s good any method.

The recipe calls for cooking the cauliflower in chicken broth for added flavor, but what I really like in this dish are the seasonings ~ chili powder and lime which compliment the cauliflower and corn perfectly, (I added more chili powder), plus pimentos for color. 
It’s a delicious way to enjoy fresh cauliflower and corn.  I hope you like it too!




Cauliflower and Roasted Corn with Chili Powder and Lime

Ingredients:

2 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
4 cups of cauliflower (about ½ medium head)
¼ cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
2 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light margarine
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place corn on baking sheet and roast, uncovered for 15 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing off cob, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower in broth until almost tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
Stir the pimento mixture and roasted corn into the cauliflower.
Cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes until warmed through and cauliflower is tender.

It’s tasty!



Be sure to visit my friend; Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking, for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!








17 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think we need to stop talking about our fine weather. We could find ourselves inundated with vacationers seeking ideal climes!! This looks so good and I'm anxious to try your kohlrabi recipe.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estupendo plato, se ve genial.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love cauliflower and it's been on sale the past few weeks. I can't wait to give this a try Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! Chili Powder with Cauliflower sounds so good.
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, This recipe sounds great...corn and cauliflower with spices. The problem is that I can't stand pimentos. There must be something else I could use...perhaps a little roasted garlic? Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you!

    Dave, forget the pimentos and go with the garlic, or maybe bell peppers, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a healthy and delicious recipe Pam. I've gone corn crazy this summer.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Pam. Two of my faves.... Cauliflower and corn. Can't beat em! Hope your morning is going great!

    Hugs to ya
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cauliflower and corn! Whoa! Two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I don't go out of my way to eat cauliflower, I believe I would enjoy this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do go out of my way to eat cauliflower and I think this could be turned into a marvelous puree, maybe with some cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been away for a bit but I'm loving the veggie-loaded recipes! I would have never thought to put cauliflower and corn together either but what a wonderful combination it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination sounds delicious! This would make a perfect side dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The corn, chili powder, lime flavor profile works together so well but this is the first I've seen using cauliflower too, nice spin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear Pam, Sounds good to me.
    I hope all is well.

    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these seasonings. And they also taste great on a mango or jicama. Really!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam