all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spicy Shrimp Stir-fry over Angel Hair Pasta



Bill’s first choice of pasta is angel hair, and he likes shrimp mingling with tomatoes, so this dish is indeed a favorite here!



By the way, the Italian name of the pasta is Capelli d'angelo, as great a name as “angel hair.”  It’s “nearly invisible spaghetti” that goes well with this sauce.  And, I really like the sauce in this dish, as it is not so “liquefied” ~ it has substance, thanks to the cornstarch blending the ingredients well. 

Sometimes, I substitute ½ cup white wine for the water.  The white wine for drinking, not cooking:  it’s salty and contains additives. And, since wine is slightly acidic, I then add a touch of brown sugar to the sauce.

This is a quick tasty dish for dinner ~ it makes Bill happy and I bet it will please your family also.  I must say, he has the great quality of always being complimentary:  after all these years of being married, he still tells me after about every dinner, “very good meal, dear!





Spicy Shrimp Stir-fry over Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:

1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup chopped sweet onions
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup vegetable stock
½ cup water
1 can (14.5 ounce) Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Spicy
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
8 ounces angel hair pasta

Method:

Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onions, bell pepper, and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into stock until dissolved, add water and pour into skillet.
Combine well and cook for 1 minute, until just slightly thickened.
Blend in tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.  Drain well and return to pot; cover to keep warm.
Add shrimp to skillet mixture and cook until pink.
Serve over pasta.


Does your family compliment your cooking after dinner?

Do you compliment the person who has cooked a meal for you? 



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 








22 comments:

  1. Pam, Love shrimp and pasta combo and the sauce but I'd have to leave out the bell pepper. I just can't handle their flavor in food. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious and since I just bought some shrimp, I think I'll be trying this recipe for dinner tonight! Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Bill--this is one of my favorite combinations. The first time, many years ago, I cooked angel hair pasta, it was so overcooked that it glopped into a big ball. Undaunted, I chopped it up with a knife and served it anyway---and, to company. I've come a long way since then!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a marvelous coterie of followers, except for that David who won't eat bell pepper. LOL This concoction is so up my alley I moved my van so I could get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum! I love spicy food!
    Thanks Pam for this recepie!

    All the best

    JS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Capellini is our favorite pasta too. I shrimp with pasta and your sauce looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pam, This is a beautiful dish. Easy, tasty and healthy.
    I am very happy for you that your husband is thoughtful and caring to show his appreciation to take the time to compliment the care,love and effort that you put into making a beautiful meal.
    Thank you dear Pam for stopping by and visiting during this time of recovery from the storm. It means a lot to me. Blessings dear, Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at your photo, I can see why Bill enjoys this dish! Yum!

    Yes, Pam, my family does compliment my cooking and I always totally appreciate a meal when someone has spent the time planning & preparing it. :)

    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill sounds like a sweetheart! This meal would please just about anyone. It would be great to serve to company. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love shrimps! And this looks so delicious! Your shrimp pasta could easily be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam,
    This is a gorgeous shrimp dish with pasta and delicious sauce. My hubby like linguine, he always give compliments about my meals. We he cooks, I give him compliments, as well.

    Have a Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We would love this spicy shrimp dish, Pam. The sauce looks delicious. It is so sweet that your hubby compliments you after each meal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks DELISH! Even my picky Bill would go for this lovely shrimp :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just displayed what I consider to be my very favorite kinds of food. Shrimp, Pasta, and yummy sauce! I could eat way more than my share of this recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always seem to forget about angel hair pasta. It goes with so many sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a super big-on-flavor dish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a coincidence! I'm making the same thing this afternoon. :o)
    Have a great week ahead Pam.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pasta dish looks so tasty! My son would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We pretty much always provide commentary on our food after eating at home, good or bad. The kids and Alexis just know I want the feedback. When someone else cooks for me, yes. I told a friend 3 times since Saturday that he made the best breakfast hash I have ever ever ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ryan almost always compliments my cooking. He's a sweetie. And I know that we'd both love this dish. Thank you for sharing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Angel hair pasta is Chris' favorite also... mine are more tubular pastas, so I usually win :) I have a feeling this shrimp would be good on any kind of pasta... or rice.. or even by itself! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That food looks very delicious! I think my kids will really want to eat this because they really love to eat saucy food. I will definitely cook this for them.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam