Tangy Steak and Veggie Stir-Fry


I like making stir-fry now and then. And, what I really like is that stir-fry dishes are quick and easy to prepare.


All you need is a piping hot skillet filled with a touch of oil and chopped vegetables and meat, skillet ready.  The mix of vegetables in this recipe cooks crisp-tender very quickly and they’re colorful also. 

Spicy food is right up my alley, and this sauce is indeed a little tangy.  Lessen the ginger if you like it milder.  Since this cooks super fast, just be sure you have all the ingredients prepped and ready to cook when the skillet or wok is ready.  It’s packed with flavor and is “healthy-ish” too!  Give it a try for a quick tasty dinner!





Tangy Steak and Veggie Stir-fry

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ cup soy sauce
1½ cups cold water
1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon cooking oil
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces snow peas
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
8 scallions, sliced, divided
10-12 grape tomatoes, halved
Hot cooked rice

Method:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients, set aside.
In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in hot oil for 3-4 minutes, set aside.
Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté until liquid is released.
Add snow peas, bell peppers and scallions, stir-fry for 2 minutes, until crisp-tender.
Add tomatoes and stir.
Stir in sauce ingredients.
Return beef to skillet and heat through.
Serve over hot rice.

ENJOY!!!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 






Comments

  1. We used to eat masses of stir fries when we were working, thanks for reminding me how good they are. Have a great weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been thinking all morning how I wanted to prepare the single rib eye steak I have (3/4 lb. - enough to feed the two of us). I'm going to slice it up and make it tangy and do it in my new calphalon pan that's shaped more or less like a wok. You're my hero today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems every other week we clean out the refrigerator and toss together a stir-fry. We make our own sauce to go over it, pass on rice and cornstarch and actually enjoy a pretty low calorie meal as very little beef, pork or chicken is needed. Mostly veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stir fry sauce sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny, Stir fry is what I was planning to make for dinner. I usually don't add chili powder but I know my husband would love that addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy-ish, ha ha, that's as close as I come too! Great sounding stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Chili Powder + Garlic combo sounds so good, Pam. This dish is colorful and looks delicious, too!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, yes, they were perfect during those days here too. We love stir-fries!

    Stephen, thanks! Glad this helped your cause!

    Susan, that's a great way to use leftovers, and slimming too!

    Joanne, thanks!

    Linda, bet you had a good dinner!

    Chris, glad you got a chuckle from it!

    JG, it is! Adds a little spice to it.

    Melinda, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice! i'm always on the lookout for a good stir fry recipe, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stir fries for weeknight meals and this one looks packed full of flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo wee...this sure looks great. Sam and I have had several cravings lately for stir fry. Yum. Do you have any orange chicken recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making stir fry...your combo looks good, I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect meal, Pam. This sounds delicious and demands to be tried. My family will love it. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your dish is very inviting to my eyes. This will be perfect for my meal because I love eating beef and I think it's very easy to prepare food. I will definitely cook this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________