7-Up Biscuits aka Popeye’s Biscuits



Woo hoo!  Praise the butter, and pass the biscuits!


If you’re a fan of Popeye’s biscuits, you’ll love these biscuits!  They’re a “copycat” for sure…






These are the lightest, fluffiest biscuits you can imagine, with the only problem being they disappear quickly.  This recipe makes 9 biscuits in a 9-inch square-baking dish.  I used an 8-inch square dish and they turned out fine after baking a minute or 2 longer.

This is a very soft, sticky dough.  Use extra Bisquick, like you normally would use flour, to manage the dough sticking on the surface. I sprinkled a little additional Bisquick right onto the countertop; you might want to sprinkle it onto waxed paper or parchment paper for easier clean up.   

Do not knead the dough; just pat it out to about 1-inch thickness.  Use a biscuit cutter, or simply cut the dough into 9 equal squares, before placing them in the pan.  You may have to squish and crowd the biscuits into the pan, but never fear ~ they’ll still turn out fine.

By the way, the recipe can be doubled; bake in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish for even more of a good thing!

These biscuits are the quickest, easiest, “butteriest”, softest biscuits to ever hit your mouth!  


Before
After



7-Up Biscuits

Ingredients:

2 cups Bisquick mix
½ cup sour cream
½ cup 7-Up soda
¼ cup butter, melted

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Melt butter in a 9” square baking pan.
Pour Bisquick into a large bowl.
Cut sour cream into the mix.
Add 7-Up and mix well, it will make a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional Bisquick on the counter, or parchment or waxed paper.
Pat dough out to about a 1-inch thickness.
Cut 9 biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
Place biscuits over melted butter.
Bake for 12-minutes or until golden brown.


I’m hooked on these biscuits!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 








Comments

  1. They look like a good recipe for Easter dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that I need to hop in the car and head over to Popeye's--or just put Bisquik on my shopping list.

    Have a great weekend (with no snow?)!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about the baking powder biscuits I used to make years ago. Now this. Bookmarked and will be made tomorrow to accompany lentil soup now thawing on the kitchen counter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to use 7-up! I have never heard of this but the biscuits look awesome. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound very good! Anything made with Bisquick has to be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sure do look good and buttery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam,
    I have never had Popeye biscuits, but looks like I'll be making biscuits soon. These biscuits are so buttery, and yummy looking.

    Have a great weekend! Hopefully we don't get snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had a Popeye's biscuit, but these look so good! Soft and buttery is just how I like my biscuits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give me some syrup and I'll be happy..
    Biscuits, butter and syrup sure make for a great breakfast meal..YUM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, I think these biscuits will be perfect with the ham I'm serving for Easter brunch. They look delicious and the recipe couldn't be any easier. Thanks for sharing this, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow, these look and sound wonderful! I love Popeye's biscuits.. can't wait to try this recipe! Love how simple it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good. I've never thought of Seven-Up in biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look so good I can almost smell them!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm so happy to find and follow you!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMmmm...these look so light and fluffy! And so yummy served warm with a pat of butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never used 7-up in biscuits! Your biscuits look so golden and delicious! I will have to keep a lookout for Bisquick mix!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those biscuits look and sound amazing. Gotta love the ease factor too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an interesting biscuit. I think I would hooked on with it too.
    Happy weekend.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know I've had these but don't remember how they were - guess we'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh these biscuits look heavenly and I am definitely going to give them a try! Thanks for the great recipe and stay warm, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting recipe biscuit. Must be really good..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh dear.....I think we'll have to make these for lunch ~ lol!! They look mouth-watering delicious Pam, thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. YUUUUM! how can you not love a hot biscuit, these look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't made this recipe in a long time. Thanks for reminding me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't had popeye's in AGES but I did so love their biscuits! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly



I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow





Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009