Oatmeal Pancakes the Loser Way



More snow and howling winds…





God with a snowblower drives along top of a cloud, sending snow down...  Robert Mankoff

 

We got another 8-inches of snow yesterday.  It’s snowing now, this morning, with another 1 to 3-inches in the forecast for today, and more predicted for tomorrow and Friday!

OK, enough already, snow and wind gods!

It’s a good morning for pancakes and this recipe intrigued from the minute I heard about it.  I really like oatmeal and cottage cheese, but pancakes made with those ingredients ~ couldn’t imagine.  




It was surprising!  They were actually pretty tasty!

Of course, I put a pat of butter and drizzled a little syrup over the top.  I don’t know if that’s “The Biggest Loser” way or not, but after all, they’re pancakes!  And I’ll make them again!




By the way, you should seriously consider purchasing a Ninja Master Prep, if you don’t already own one.  Over the years, I’ve bought more food processors than I care to mention, and very rarely use any of them. 

Then, Bubba, my older son, gave me a Ninja one day, telling me I wouldn’t believe how great it is. He was so right!  It's set of double blades allows it to  evenly chop, mince, blend, dice, and puree in an instant, without turning food into mush, and crushes ice in a flash.

It’s powerful, just like a Ninja, easy to use and clean.  It has a permanent spot on my kitchen counter, taking up little space, unlike any food processor I own. The Ninja Master Prep is now my favorite hassle-free kitchen gadget!*


Ninja Master Prep


Oatmeal Pancakes 
Adapted     
Ingredients:

6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
2 teaspoons Splenda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter into skillet.
Flip when they start to bubble.
Cook until golden brown.
Serve
Makes about 10 pancakes

ENJOY!!!

*This is just my opinion of the product.

Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 





15 comments:

  1. Where can I get a Ninja, and where can I get some of these pancakes right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, oatmeal and cottage cheese
    not sure about this.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, I'm not sure since you're in Canada, but Amazon carries it online, and it sells in Target and similar stores here. Then you can try the pancakes! I hope this helps you! Good luck!

    Melinda, I thought the same at first. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe I have ever made pancakes. I like having them made for me. But the mention of Splenda caught my eye. I am a fan of Splenda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had about 1/4 of an inch of snow (and other stuff) and it's above 40 degrees and melting. I have a Cuisineart processor that I use all the time. It's thirty years old!! I have a good recipe for cottage cheese pancakes but not with oatmeal. I think these look good--especially swimming in butter and maple syrup!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen, there you go! I'm all for Splenda too.

    Bonnie, you lucked out there! It has been snowing all day, not a lot of accumulation, thankfully. I'm wondering about your pancakes, I'll be looking for more recipes with cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love anything with oatmeal in it and I have all the ingredients so guess what I am having for breakfast in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delish, so fluffy. Interesting ingredients. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, Sorry about the snow! We don't miss it, that's for sure... Here, where we live in East Tennessee, we haven't even had an inch of snow all winter! Last winter we had 9" all season...and it melted right away. My wife doesn't like pancakes, so maybe I can convince her to try these! Thanks for the recipe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wondered if they were good...now I'll try them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure about cottage cheese in my pancakes either.. but I'd be willing to give them a shot.. they look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pancakes look lovely. Ninja processor? hmm..gotta see if they have this over here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm think that looks so yummy. Keep warm. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. If the pancakes themselves are healthier than you should have no guilt about a little butter and syrup! major yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally intrigued by that processor! It actually looks like something I'd use!
    Pancakes look good, too - but I can't get cottage cheese... LOL

    ReplyDelete

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- Dan Piraro

***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

POPULAR POSTS ON THIS BLOG


“Mámá was fond of saying that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels—an aphorism I was pretty sure she'd cribbed from the thinspiration sites she subscribed to online—but I believed that anyone who said such things had never tasted chili-cheese fries with melted cheddar, fresh ground beef, and Tapatio sauce.”

~ Nenia Campbell


DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews