all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, February 22, 2013

Garlicky Shrimp and Linguine Bake



There’s something about shrimp and pasta that appeals to me, and there’s also something about not spending all day in the kitchen slow-cooking dinner…






This shrimp and linguine dish fills the bill on both counts.  It not only tastes good, it looks good too, plus it’s easy to pull together. The peas, tomatoes and green onions, are perfect flavors for the big succulent shrimp, all tossed together with linguini.






There’s no heavy rich sauce here, just a lighter alternative for you to enjoy.  Serve this with a green salad and crusty bread for an appetizing meal. Bill had sweet praises for this dish ~ me too!







Garlicky Shrimp and Linguine Bake

Ingredients:

1 to 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons sherry
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
8 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
1½ cups mozzarella cheese

Method:

In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with garlic.
Cook linguine per package directions.
Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
Spoon half the tomatoes over bottom of casserole.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet or same pot as linguine was cooked in, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat.
Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
Add shrimp, peas, sherry, salt and pepper and remaining tomatoes.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Pour shrimp mixture over linguine and top with cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and continue baking for 5 minutes, until cheese is golden.
Serves 4


It’s dazzling simple and delicious!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 






Pin It

21 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Pam: I love dishes like this. Tasty ingredients that can be assembled ahead of time allowing one to clean up the kitchen while the dish finishes in the oven.

Did you get much snow? We had maybe two inches at most.

Best,
Bonnie

StephenC said...

Here comes the fuss-budget in me - yet again. I am inclined to cook the shrimp entirely separately and toss them with the pasta at serving time.

Linda Burgett said...

I love this quick and easy recipe! With all that melted cheese, it will make my husband happy!

Bernideen said...

I was just telling another blogger that I need to do ore seafood dishes - this looks great!

Pam said...

Bonnie, thanks! We got about 4" of snow. Enough to shovel, but not enough for snow blower.

Stephen, OK. Let me know why.

Linda, yes! There's a lot of cheese love going on there!

Bernideen, then, here you go. Hope you try this and like it!

StephenC said...

I cook shrimp for three minutes if poaching, maybe 2 min per side in a saute. It's just me.

Pam said...

Stephen, thanks! I will try it that way next time.

Shug said...

Oh goodness, gracious alive.....My taste buds are dancing right now.
This is my kind of eating and I can just taste it right now.

Beautiful Dish.

David said...

Pam, In our house, I prefer meat at dinner time but my wife loves pasta. With this recipe, we will both be happy campers! Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Big Dude said...

Good looking meal Pam - I especially the cheesiness of the first shot.

bellini said...

There really is something about pasta and shrimp Pam!!

teresa said...

so much creamy amazing flavor happening here, it looks fabulous!

My Little Space said...

Howdy Pam! This pasta looks great for my Sunday lunch but before that I wish I can have some of yours.
Kristy

Becky said...

Pam,
Shrimp and pasta is a wonderful combination, and I like the addition of the vegetables/ will ahve to try this.

Karen said...

I love shrimp and pasta dishes. Well... I really like "anything" and pasta!!

Dining Alone said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I love shrimp and pasta.

Jenn said...

Perfection!!! I adore shrimp and pasta too... I could eat it daily!

Joanne said...

I love how smothered in cheese this is!

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, Now that looks good! My I do miss everyone and cooking. I can't wait to get back and participate in this beautiful circle of wonderful friends and delicious cooks.
Thank you for your visits and good thoughts. It means so much to know that you all are thinking of me.
Blessings and xo, Catherine

Reeni Pisano said...

Shrimp and pasta get my vote any day! This looks incredible Pam!

Chris said...

This is kind of like a baked scampi style shrimp, my kids would LOVE this.