all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stuffed Baked Potatoes



I don’t think I’ve ever met a potato I didn’t like ~ nor a person who doesn’t like potatoes.





Stuffed baked potatoes are a great delicious side dish ~ creamy and smooth, packed with flavor and easy to make.  For extra flavor, occasionally I add a little cream cheese, chopped garlic, sour cream, or even crumbled bacon.  Be imaginative, and add what you like  ~ mushrooms, steamed broccoli, tomatoes, peas, ham, pepperoni, or bell peppers, and on and on.   Then it might become a meal…

Now I’m thinking about making them ahead of time, and heating them up with some scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast. Sounds scrumptious to me!







Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:

4 large Idaho baking potatoes
¼ to ½ cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Paprika, for garnish

Method:

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake potatoes 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
Let potatoes cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise in half and scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell.
In medium bowl, mash potatoes until smooth, with no lumps.
Add milk in small amounts and continue mashing until fluffy, however desired.
Add butter, salt and pepper and season to taste.
Stir in green onions.
Fill potato shells with mixture.
Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until hot.
During last 5 minutes top with cheese.
Remove from oven and sprinkle chives and paprika over top.
8 servings

ENJOY!!!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 






Pin It

28 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Come to think of it, I've never met anyone who didn't like potatoes. We love stuffed baked potatoes. When I do them, I'll do extras and freeze them. Works very well.

We had another brief snow yesterday. Stuck to the grass and not the pavement.

Best,
Bonnie

Pam said...

Bonnie, good suggestion with freezing extras!

A little snow stuck to pavement yesterday, just enough to bring a snow plow. Driveways and grass covered lightly this morning. Sunny and very COLD!!! 12 degrees!

Have a good day!

bellini said...

These remind me of childhood and carefree days. Like you I have never a potato I didn't like.

Linda Burgett said...

My husbands favorite meal is a steak with stuffed baked potatoes. I like Bonnie's idea about making extra and freezing them. And I never thought about having them for breakfast but I think that is a great idea!

Becky said...

Pam,
Your potatoes look so good. My hubby puts cooked corn on top of his potatoes. I like to eat the skin of the potatoes, weird I know, but so good, when the skins are crispy.

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

I've never met a potato I didn't like either and I could like these ALOT.
Sam

David said...

Pam, We both love stuffed or twice baked potatoes! Benton's Bacon in modest amounts with sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream on the side...that would be our ideal. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

StephenC said...

I must exercise more patience and make these, knowing they would be marvelous.

Pam said...

Val, those were the days! You have a great one!

Linda, perfect---steak and stuffed baked potatoes! I could probably eat the potato any time of the day.

Becky, I like the skin also! Good to me, crispy or not. Corn on the potato sounds good too!

Sam, thanks! Lots of potato love here!

Dave, that sounds like the perfect potato to me! Thanks!

Stephen, they do take a little longer to make, but worth the effort, my friend!

jose manuel said...

Estupenda receta

Ann said...

ooohhh,yummy!!

teresa said...

YUMMY! i love potatoes like this!

Dining Alone said...

My husband doesn't like baked potatoes, but I think if I made something like this he might actually try it. Thanks for the idea.

Joanne said...

I'm not generally a huge baked potato fun but with the stuffing, I could be convinced otherwise! Yum!

Big Dude said...

What Sam said plus - we love these things but only have them on special occasions due to the calories involved, but I could easily have them once a week.

Karen said...

Love these, although I don't make them often.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Strange that, I also have never heard of anyone who does not like potatoes. Love stuffed potatoes, I agree with Karen I don't make them often enough. Keep well Diane

kitty said...

I love stuffed potatoes, too, Pam! It's nice to meet you and thank you for your visit. I love twice baked sweet potatoes, too. Yum! I'm following via Google +. I didn't see where to follow through google. I'm going to go check out some more of your delicious recipes that caught my eye.........

laurie said...

They do look delicious! I think I'll put them on my menu for next week.

I still need to make those rolls from one of your last posts,too.

Leslie said...

Hi, Pam! Just stopping by to return the follow! Have a great week!

Leslie - :)

Kathy said...

These look delicious, Pam! I've never had Twice Baked Potatoes, but they look so simple to make, I will definitely have to give them a try!

JG said...

These are so good, Pam! I also do not take that extra step often enough to enjoy them. :)
~Judy

Melinda said...

You had me at potato.
They look yummy!

M :)

The Better Baker said...

MMM - these look mouth watering and marvy.

kitchen flavours said...

This looks delicious! Yes, I got to agree with you, everyone loves potatoes! I have not met anyone who does not! I could eat this just as a meal by itself! Yum!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

One of these could be a delightful dinner for me! So delicious.

Jenn said...

I love potatoes and we eat a lot of them here... I don't ever seem to want to take the extra time for stuffed potatoes.... maybe it's time to slow down and make these next time!!

Chris said...

I never get tired of those. Heck, I never get tired of a plain baked potato.