all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, December 17, 2012

Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies



Sometimes I fancy chewing my liquor, instead of nipping it…

And this is the cookie that meets that criterion!






This cookie has great flavors ~ Bailey’s Irish Cream ~ coconut and chocolate.  They taste like Bailey’s and even smell like it.  Due to the cake flour, they have a light texture.  This is definitely a grown-up cookie, with a slight hint of whiskey making them appealing. 






Note the large amount of cookies this recipe makes.  They go fast; therefore, I make 6 dozen at a time ~ halve it, if that suits you better.  I like pecans in cookies, but some family members do not, so I omit them in this recipe. If you like them, add 1 cup of chopped pecans.

These irresistible cookies are a bit boozy, a bit sweet, and a whole lot tender ~ a perfect Christmas treat for your family and friends too!



Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
4½ cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1½ cups coconut
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting

Method:

In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars until fluffy with electric mixer.
Add eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla and Bailey’s Irish Cream, stirring well.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
Add chocolate chips, coconut and nuts, if desired.
Drop by the teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Makes 6 dozen.

YUMMY!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 









Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Que galletas tan estupendas.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, these cookies look heavenly! And with 1 cup of Bailey's, I'm sure that they taste fabulous. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, These cookies sound a bit decadent...and delicious too! This should be a great Holiday cooky for a dinner party... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound delicious Pam, but I could never pour a cup of Baileys into cookie dough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these cookies are simply scrumptious. It should be wonderful for the coming celebration. But before that let us pray for the people in Newtown. What a shocking & horrible news!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a great way to enjoy Bailey's!! Hhhmmmm... I have the day off today, I wonder if I can find some time to make these?? These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, now these are my kind of cookies! Love boozy treats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll be an adult today....these look pretty datgum good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Larry. I'd have a hard time parting with a whole cup of Baileys into cookie batter but they have to taste delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you have friends coming out of the woodwork to get all the delicious treats you make at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wife would love these cookies, she's a little Baileys freak.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-16-hogwash-soaps.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam