all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, November 5, 2012

Marinated Saucy Chicken



It doesn’t get much easier than this to bake a chicken dish for dinner.  On the day before serving, bring together the ingredients and let marinate in the refrigerator over-night, then pop it into the oven for dinner and serve it.  






The savory sauce of paprika, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, and seasonings blends into a tempting marinade for chicken breasts.  Sour cream may not be what comes to mind as a marinade, but the slightly acidic characteristic of sour cream helps to tenderize the meat, while the thickness of it, holds the seasonings into place and bakes into a smooth sauce.

Serve this with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes ~ it’s the perfect tasty dinner at the end of a busy day!


Sour cream sauce

Oven-ready


Marinated Saucy Chicken

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Roasted Garlic Worcestershire sauce
Breadcrumbs
4 pats butter

Method:

Blend together in a small bowl, sour cream and next 7 ingredients.
Coat chicken breasts with sour cream mixture.
Arrange in buttered baking dish and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and place pat of butter on each.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.


Creamy delicious and tender!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 


Take a minute to enter my giveaway for Tate’s Bake Shop Cookie and Bar Tower, if you haven’t already.  You just might be the happy winner if your name is drawn this Thursday!



As a side note:  I’m that person who likes change now and then ~ like re-arranging the furniture ~ which compelled me to change this blog.  In the process, it became totally “messed up.” Many of you said you could see nothing but the header. My “computer tech” and I worked on this to no avail, everything seemed fine on this end.  In hopes of correcting whatever, I have now changed my blog back to the way it was originally, with the cherry header, and will leave it that way.  As Bill has told me numerous times, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”







15 comments:

StephenC said...

I like the sound of this and just happen to have some extra sour cream in the fridge. What I don't have is any chicken. That I can fix.

jose manuel said...

Se ve delicioso el plato

Pam said...

Thanks, guess you're picking up that chicken now!

Pam said...

Gracias, jose! Es delicioso y facil.

teresa said...

this looks wonderful, what warm, rich flavors!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Scrumptious! Those chicken breasts look wonderfully moist.

Cheers,

Rosa

kitchen flavours said...

Your chicken looks delicious! simple and quick too!
And I was pleasantly surprised seeing your old familiar header! I was thinking of changing mine for ages, but like Bill says, if it ain't broken, don't fix it! Haha!
Have a great week, Pam!

Jenn said...

You had me at saucy!! Can't wait to try this one :)

Jeannie Tay said...

That looks delicious Pam, I am glad to find a recipe that can give me tender chicken breast....will try this when my kitchen is ready.

Reeni Pisano said...

This saucy chicken looks flavorful and delicious! Love that it's marinated overnight. Must be super tender.

scrambledhenfruit said...

I love a dish I can easily put together after work. :) This looks delicious!

Joanne said...

That sauce sounds so delicious! Just thinking about it is making me salivate!

Jacqueline said...

Oh yum yum and it is almost midnight! I love the idea of marinating with the sour cream and then you have this incredible creamy sauce built it. I bet the breadcrumbs really add to it also. Love it!

Rita said...

Just looking at this, I know it was be tender, moist and just plan good; will be trying this one; thanks Pam,
Rita

RSA Online said...

That's terrific! So yummy.