all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone




Jean Leon Gerome Ferris (1863-1930)




  First Thanksgiving Poem

If I had been a Pilgrim child
Among the fields and forests wild
Where deer and turkey used to roam,
A cabin would have been my home
With fireplace and earthen floor
And bearskins hanging at the door.

I would have gathered berries bright
For candles fragrantly alight,
And dug for clams and picked the corn
And laid the table smooth and worn.
Or hunted nuts hard-shelled and good
And helped in any way I could,
With time to laugh and play and run
When Indian children came for fun.

And on the first Thanksgiving Day
I would have met with friends to pray
And thank the Lord for all his care
In keeping us together there.


Margaret Hillert











Norman Rockwell  (1894 - 1978)




On this Thanksgiving Day
it seems more important than ever
to count our blessings.
May God bless you and yours
with
Peace, Good Health, Prosperity and
Much Happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!







9 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy thanksgiving my dear!

Dining Alone said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

David said...

Pam, For some reason, the comment section is working for me re: your blog! Have a great Thanksgiving!! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Pam said...

Thanks to all of you!

Rita said...

Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving; Love that Norman Rockwel scene.
Rita

Buttercup said...

And to you and your family. So grateful for my blog friends.

Reeni Pisano said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Pam!

Linda Burgett said...

I love reading your posts! They always bring a smile to my face! :)

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

A beautiful post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary