all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hot Garlic Crab Crostini


Crostini, plural of crostino ~ “little crusts” in Italian ~ sounds fancier than they really are.  They’re actually just baguette slices that have been brushed with oil; then, most likely, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and baked until golden brown. 





The crispy crunch makes them irresistible to eat on their own; but resist the urge, as they’re the perfect bread slice for this creamy hot crabmeat topping that’s laden with cheese, chives, pimentos and garlic!

Crab crostini are tasty small-bites to prepare for game day, a cocktail party, lunch or a tasty snack. To make preparation really easy, bake the crostini, mix the topping and refrigerate, beforehand, and simply assemble and bake just before serving.






I bet your crowd would adore these little bites as they taste pretty special!







Hot Garlic Crab Crostini

Ingredients:

1 French baguette, cut into ½” slices (24 slices)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (6-ounces) crabmeat, well drained and flaked
1 jar (2-ounces) diced pimentos, well drained
2 ounces Swiss chesse, shredded (1/2 cup)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 tablespoon fresh chives

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, butter and garlic.
Set over medium heat, and cook until butter is melted and mixture bubbles; remove from heat.
Dip the bread slices into the garlic mixture, turning to coat both sides.
Place on baking sheet and bake until very crisp and very light brown, about 5 minutes; turning over once during baking, if underside is not browning.
Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients except chives in medium bowl.
Spread 1 heaping tablespoonful crabmeat mixture on each bread slice.
Bake about 5 minutes or until filling is hot and cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with chives.


Ummm, mmm ~ lip-smacking deliciousness!

 



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 






Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Que buena receta,me encanta.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my carb and dairy cravings are making it hard not to drool looking at these. What a tasty appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    I love your Hot Crab Crostini. I'm always looking for a new appetizer recipe, and this one looks amazing. Pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jose manuel, gracias! Y que facil!

    DA, I fully understand as I have the same cravings!

    Becky, thanks! They're easy to make and are a crowd pleaser too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Thanks...that will be a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A definite for game day!! Super yummy and will be a crowd pleaser..
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect appetizer to impress your friends with at all the holiday parties that are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que buena receta, a mi marido le encantan, pero nunca las hice con cangrejo.Una delicia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WS, thanks and have a good weekend!

    Shug, it is perfect for game day!

    Glenda, thanks! I will be making it then for sure.

    Linda, yes! I'm thinking about the holidays already.

    Sylvia, gracias! Espero que tomen esto y su marido le gusta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! I could eat this happily for my breakfast, lunch and dinner! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love crostini of all kinds! Definitely need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lip smacking is right. I have a little bit of Dungeness crab in the fridge and this is the perfect way to use it. Love the addition of pimento.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam,
    What a fantastic and delicious crostini. I love crab and this combination is superb!
    Cheers,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The perfect bite size snack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much, to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great for the up coming holiday parties. nice one, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still don't get it. What's the difference between crostini & bruschetta? They look the same to me. haha....
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how yummy, Pam! I'm looking for nibbles for my book club next week...and these are definitely top contenders :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam