Honeycrisp Apple Bread, a Truly Delicious Quick Bread


This is truly about the best quick bread I have ever made, and I’ve made a lot of them over the years.  It was a huge hit for all of us!




I’m not sure what exactly makes it is such a delicious bread:  I always swore by Granny Smith apples for baking, and usually included brown sugar and oil in the baked goods.  This recipe contains Honeycrisp apples, white granulated sugar and butter; which is creamed with the sugar.  So ~ I’m not sure whether just one of these items makes the difference, or if it’s the process of creaming, or if it is all things combined.

Honeycrisp apples were developed in Minnesota and started appearing in the markets in the early 1990’s. They are just as the name implies ~ crisp and sweet, but with a little tartness too, plus a pretty color.  It has been my favorite eating apple from the first bite, many years ago, and from now on, I will be using Honeycrisp apples for baking too!








Honeycrisp Apple Bread

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease two 8x4-inch loaf pans.
In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
Beat in the eggs.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Mix into the butter mixture until moistened.
Fold in the apples.
Stir in the walnuts, if desired.
Transfer to the prepared pans.
Bake for about 1 hour in 350 degree oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 2 loaves


Mouthwatering delicious!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 



Comments

  1. Pam, This special apple bread sounds and looks great! Add a cup of coffee...and more butter on the warm bread...and it would be a great start to a new day! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yum! I love simple bakes like this, have not heard of honeycrisp apples, will definitely keep a lookout for these apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Daddy Dave, thank you!! That's exactly the way I like it. It was all gone way too quickly!

    Joyce, I hope you find the apples your way. The bread is so good!




    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds perfect, quick easy and yummy. I use Granny Smith for everything including eating I love them. I now have 2 trees that are starting to produce quite well :-) Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I really need to locate Honeycrisp apples! At the Cape (Cape Cod) in September the innkeeper described how delicious and useful in baking they are and now you do, too.
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, that's great with your trees! There's nothing like fresh apples!

    Judy, I think Honeycrisp is really great---cruncy and a little sweet/tart. And juicy! I hope you find them!!!

    Claudia, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... that is a pretty high recommendation. I love honey crisp apples.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about making banana bread this weekend, but your recipe has changed my mind. I am sure my family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Pam, This is a delicious way to use the delicious fall apples. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are going to an apple festival this weekend and I am planning on bringing home lots of apples. I will have to make this amazing bread!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks absolutely delicious, Pam! I'll have to look out for Honeycrisp apples.. can't say I have ever seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a fantastic bread, Pam. I like seeing the pieces of apple when you slice it. Honeycrisps have great flavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew Honeycrisp could be used in baking till this fall. I think using good, tasty apples makes a world of difference in your baked goods...and this time of year, most of them have excellent flavor! Your bread looks amazing...this is one I'd love to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The batter looks great, as does the bread. I just wish the honey crisps were so danged expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love quick breads - and apple breads.... We don't get Honey Crisps here (I loved Harralsons) but we do have lots of good apples. Must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delicious! Definately going to try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly



I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow





Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɴ ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009