all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, September 10, 2012

Tomato and Herb-topped Tilapia




Tilapia was in the refrigerator; tomatoes were taking up counter space ~ ~ ~ this is what I concocted:





I don’t know about where you are, but here; this summer, we have had the reddest tomatoes I’ve ever seen.  They are a good source of Vitamin E, potassium and other minerals.  And, fish is supposedly the ultimate brain-food, being high in Omega-3 and vitamins. Combined, they make a healthy, nutritious dish.


I rounded out the tomatoes and tilapia with braised green beans and brown rice. Take the hassle out of your dinner by making this quick meal!







Tomato and Herb-topped Tilapia

Ingredients:

4 tilapia fillets
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, minced
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tomatoes, sliced
nonstick cooking spray

Method:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Lay tilapia in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine basil, onion powder, thyme, and garlic.
Sprinkle over fish.
Top with tomato slices.
Drizzle olive oil over all.
Bake, about 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serve        

I’m talking about good!




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 





Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Except for the tilapia, all of those delicious "fixings" are cluttering up counter space around here too. Looks delicious. Our tomatoes, although forever in coming, have been delicious. I have some heirloom cherry tomatoes in the oven drying as I type.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out tomatoes have been iffy this summer, partly (or wholly) due to the dry conditions. Even so, some good on the vine toms from the supermarket would probably make this dish just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a delicious way to enjoy tilapia!!! YUM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange that you say that about the tomatoes, I don't think ours in the garden have ever been so red as they are this year! I have a merlu in the fridge so will try this tomorrow with fillets from that. I will put the garlic and tomato on Nigel's, at the moment, both are burning my mouth:-((
    Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What totally gorgeous tomatoes, I am so jealous!! The dish looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, That is one very nice looking fish dinner! Simple ingredients simply prepared can be the best. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect recipe for those busy days when you don't have much time to cook! I always have frozen Talapia on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good way to add some great flavor and keep it very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first sentence pretty much sums up how I cook every evening...Let's see I have frozen tilapia...spinach...weird onion like things...let's put them in parchment and bake them up. hehe. this makes the BEST food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, I love tilapia, this one is definitely great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Pam, That looks delicious and healthy. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm!!!! What a scrumptious dish, Pam!! I could almost taste it my mind :)
    Thank you for commenting on my scones! All those kind words mean the world to me. I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging.

    Well, I wish you a beautiful weekend hon! Thank you again.

    ~Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam