all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, September 17, 2012

Simply Stuffed Pork Chops



The butcher had thick meaty pork chops on display the other day, which were begging me to stuff them and bake them, so I eagerly obliged.





This is a savory bread stuffing, that helps the chops retain their moistness, making them tender when baked.  They’re easy to prepare, they make a great presentation, and most everyone thinks they’re delicious. 


During the holidays, I might add dried cherries, chopped apples, Triple Sec, Italian sausage and maybe even chopped pecans. Stuffed pork chops are simple for everyday fare, and special enough for guests.  Juicy thick-cut stuffed pork chops…yum!






Stuffed Pork Chops

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter
4 (1½ inch thick) pork chops
2 cups bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped onions
¼ cup chopped celery
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1/8 to ¼ cup vegetable broth

Method:

Melt butter in a medium hot skillet and add celery and onions.
Sauté until soft.
Remove from heat and add seasonings, combining well.
Mix in breadcrumbs and pour a small amount of broth in, stirring well, until the mixture is slightly soft. 
With a thin-bladed knife, slice horizontally through the pork chop, about ¾ of the way, making a pocket and leaving the sides intact.
Divide the stuffing into fourths and stuff each chop.
Place in a baking dish that is coated with cooking spray, or lightly oiled.
Cover tightly with foil to keep them from drying out.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, removing foil during last 10 minutes to allow chops to brown slightly. 
Serve


This is a simple hearty meal!





Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 




21 comments:

Leslie said...

Yummmm... these look and sound fantastic!!!! Happy monday pam.

Shug said...

Pork Chops...the only meat that I really like. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I now have a different option when it comes to fixing them.
The stuffing looks delicious!
Have yourself a great week!
Shug

Big Dude said...

This may be my favorite way to enjoy a pork chop. I like that you cooked the stuffing first so your chop could stay nice and moist - I can see it from here.

Dining Alone said...

I have never had a stuffed pork chop but this looks delicious! Have a wonderful week!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love pork chops and this recipe looks scrumptious!

jose manuel said...

Delicioso, que bueno.

Saludos

StephenC said...

You might try brining the chops (after cutting the slit) for a couple of hours and then rinsing them well and proceeding with the recipe. I would love to hear if you think it was worth the effort.

Tangos Treasures said...

OMGosh they look fabulous!!!

David said...

Pam, Pork chops are one of my favorite foods...and stuffing them helps ensure that they stay moist. (Pork chops at restaurants are too frequently overcooked and dry) Also, I like the fact that you kept the stuffing savory and simple...nothing fancy that will detract from the pork! Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Jenn said...

Oh WOW, those look incredible, Pam!! Wish I had a plate of those in front of me right now!!

Karen said...

Beautiful chops... whatta meal!

Monet said...

I am hungry! Thank you for sharing, my friend, and for making my day a bit more happy and delicious. I hope you are having a wonderful week!

teresa said...

mmm, i'll be making these soon!

JG said...

I've never tasted Stuffed Pork Chops and yours sure look delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
~Judy

Becky Higgins said...

Pam,
Your pork chops look so inviting. baked pork with savory stuffing. I have thin chops in the fridge now, but next time I'll buy thick ones, and stuff them.

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, I love pork. It is one of my favorite meats. The stuffing for these pork chops is a classic. Blessings my dear. Catherine xo

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Love pork so this sounds like a good change, thanks for this one. Take care Diane

~~louise~~ said...

Triple Sec??? Now that sounds intriguing:) It's been so long since I've made stuffed pork chops, Pam. I like to stuff them with apples and bread cubes but I never heard of using Triple Sec. Most interesting...

Thanks for sharing, Pam...

laurie said...

I haven't had pork chops in forever! They look amazing!

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

We don't have thick cut pork chops in New Mexico. I am going to have to ask the butcher to cut me some. Being from Iowa, I love all pork recipes and this one is a keeper!

Chris said...

Ooooo I'm really liking your Italian sausage idea. That and a crushed up garlic bread stuffing!