all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chicken Breasts with a Spicy Rub ~ Ummmm, mmm!



 This is good, I mean really good!





This rub did not let me down.  It’s a fragrant, spicy rub, which was a winner for us, and is now my favorite rub for chicken.

For even cooking on the grill, I pounded the chicken until it all had the same thickness.  Then I pressed the rub into the chicken and let it set for about 10 minutes before Bill started grilling it. 

I know next to nothing about cooking on the grill ~ you’re on your own with that.  But, I have to tell you; while the chicken was cooking, Bill called me out on the deck to get a whiff of the aroma drifting in the air outside.  Ummm, mmm!!!  It smelled divine!

This rub is so tasty and spicy, with just a little heat; it rendered the chicken darn near perfect.  It was a hit for us!


Grill ready

Chicken Breasts with a Spicy Rub

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Parsley, for garnish
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Extra-virgin olive oil

Method:

Pound chicken breasts to even thickness and pat dry.
Lightly brush the chicken on both sides with olive oil.
Mix together the first 7 ingredients and apply to chicken.
Let stand 10 minutes or so before grilling.


INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS!!!

But then ~ thinking about it ~ maybe it was Bill’s grilling expertise that made the chicken so good… 




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 






Pin It

13 comments:

  1. that looks like a great rub! I love rubs...especially for last minute seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that chicken is half as good as it looks, it has to be a winner. I actually have every ingredient on hand right now. Hmm, I'll see if I can entice The Baker into some weekend grilling. I was thinking rib eyes but.......

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with ancho has to be good in my opinion :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good rub! We had chicken breasts last night. I also flatten them, then make a very seasoned flour/bread crumb mixture to dredge it in. They always come out very tender and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to check out Ancho. Have not ever used it before.
    I'm pretty sure that it was the two combined that made this chicken come out perfect...the cooking and the rub.
    Blessings,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! My Hubby does the same when grilling! :) I have to try your rub recipe, Pam. My chicken is usually so bland. Have a fabulous weekend, sweet Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ancho chile is definitely my favorite, this looks awesome. I am always looking for something new to do with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with you, the grilling technique has a LOT to do with how good a grilled dish is. So as a grillmeister, I tip my hat to Bill:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Men and fire, you can't keep them apart. My husband does most of the grilling at our house. I bet your rub would be great on pork chops too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! will try this recipe out. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luce muy hermoso ,contundente y sabroso me encanta preparado de esta manera,abrazos y saludos desde el sur de Chile.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam