all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, August 24, 2012

Zucchini Fettuccine



I love summer ~ and all the fresh vegetables! 







The other day, I came home from the farmers’ market with bags of vegetables to stir fry for a quick, tasty dish.  It’s healthy, colorful and tasty too!

If you’ve never tried Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing, you’re in for a surprise.  It’s tart, tangy; has a bit of a bite.  It’s gold in color, with plenty of colorful specks, and is a little chunky.  I really really like it and use it as a salad dressing or marinade quite often; it’s great on fish ~ and it’s perfect for this veggie dish! 



Zucchini Fettuccine

Ingredients:

8 ounces fettuccine
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 yellow squash, cut into bit-size pieces
¼ pound snow peas
1 teaspoon basil leaves
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
1/3 to ½ cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
½ cup Parmesan cheese

Method:

Prepare fettuccine per package directions.  Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in medium-hot skillet.
Add mushrooms, sauté until water is released.
Add onions and garlic, sauté until almost transparent.
Add remaining vegetables and sauté until desired tenderness.
Stir in basil, salt and pepper, and dressing.
Add cooked fettuccine and toss to blend.
Remove to serving dish.
Sprinkle with Parmesan.


Are you eating your fresh veggies this summer?





Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind Of Cooking.  Tuesday is tip day and Friday is the day for great, easy recipes for you!








Pin It

23 comments:

  1. I love my veggies & I love that dressing! This is a winner in my book! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OB&CS, glad to hear you like them too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree Pam. GREAT recipe! I'm planning a post for Sunday in honor of National Farmers' Market Month in August so I hope you don't mind if I include this simple yet tantalizing recipe link.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only delicious sounding but eye candy as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. louise, that's great! I'm honored to be included! Have a wonderful day!

    Bonnie, thanks! I love the colors of it. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing I love about this is that I think it could be a warm or room temp dish for a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fresh veggie dish! I love the combination of vegetables you used! Add grilled chicken an you have a delicious healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veggies straight from our garden these days. Love the new look of your blog, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This looks so delicious! Something I know my family would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephen, good point, you're right on!

    Linda, sounds good to me! Thanks!

    Karen, those are the best! Thanks so much about the blog!

    Ellen, great! It's good and easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny this year my Dad's garden has me making less stops at the Farmers Market. Made something similar to your dish tonight for dinner. It tasted so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pam you come up with the most unique recipes I cant wait to try this one... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are we eating fresh vegetables, oh yes, the garden is just loaded....
    This looks really yummy but I will have to make my own Italian dressing, I have never seen Kraft in France :-( never mind we get lots of other exciting things. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. pam...as usual...perfect...

    regards

    js

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use Kraft dressing for so much, it is very versatile. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam,
    We love all of the colors and flavors of fresh vegetables. they are so easy to prepare, besides being healthy, like your wonderful Zucchini Fettucine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucia, that is great! I miss those days of getting veggies from Dad's garden. I bet your dish was delicious too!

    Claudia, thanks! Hope you try it.

    Diane, you're right about that. I remember lots of good exciting things in France!

    js, thanks! veggies are a perfect food!

    DA, I do too. I love the flavors in the zesty dressing. Have a good day!

    Curt, thanks so much and you have a good day!

    Becky, yes, easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam this look stunning and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks and sounds wonderful, Pam. I like the ease of the dressing... combines all those yummy flavors into one nice container :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Any pasta dish with vegetables gets my attention. This one is particularly enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Pam,
    What a great combination of flavours and fantastic looking and colourful dish you left us with!!
    Cheers and thanks for sharing,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  22. At first I thought those mushrooms were Italian sausage and now I would have to add it just because ;) Great dish, Pam.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam