all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sautéed Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Salad in a Savory Vinaigrette



Corn is at the top of my list when I go to the farmers’ market now, and I especially wanted it a few days ago, to make this simple recipe that is chock-full of summer flavors!







Just shuck 2 or 3 ears of corn; cut the corn off the cob, combine it with roasted red peppers, and blend the veggies together in the creamy, savory vinaigrette.  It’s delicious and is the perfect side dish to go with any main from the grill ~ hot dogs, Italian sausage, hamburgers, chicken, pork chops ~ you name it!

This is one of my favorite ways to use fresh corn:  not only does it rank high in taste, it’s pretty to look at too!  I hope you try it!



Sautéed Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Salad

Ingredients:

For the dressing:

¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon McCormick’s Seasoned Pepper Blend

For the salad:

2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups fresh sweet corn
1 cup diced roasted red peppers
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 or 4 basil leaves, chiffonade

Method:

Add the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine well.  Set aside.
Add the oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat.
When oil is hot, add corn and cook, stirring for 8-10 minutes or until the corn kernels are lightly toasted.
Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl.
Add the roasted peppers, dressing, cayenne and salt and pepper.
Toss to combine; cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Before serving, taste for seasoning, add basil and toss well.
Serve cold or room temperature. 
8 servings

ENJOY!!!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind Of Cooking for her tips on Tuesday and yummy recipes on Friday!





Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks like a perfect summer salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sometimes just taking the corn off the cob is the way to get some variety. I made succotash that way 2 days ago using edamame instead of limas. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful and flavourful salad! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet we are going to try it! I'm in favor of getting as much corn in our diet as possible and this looks delicious!!

    Best.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. jose manuel, gracias! Facil y bueno!

    Kathleen, thanks! It's great for summer!

    Stephen, succotash is great with fresh corn and I'll be making that soon.

    Ellen, thanks! It's good.

    Bonnie, that's great and I hope you like it! I'm all for adding a lot of corn to my diet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fresh and summery.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam,
    It looks so fresh and delicious and the colours are amazing!
    Cheers,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a kid, I would never eat corn off the cob. Seriously, my mom could take it right off the cob right in front of me and I would refuse to eat it. lol Good thing that has changed!! Probably also why I got cursed with a picky eater for a boyfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda, thanks! To me, there's nothing quite as good as fresh corn in the summer.

    Lia, thanks! Glad you like it!

    Jenn, too funny! I wonder if it was because of the corn getting stuck in your teeth, or maybe too messy to eat with your fingers? Glad you enjoy it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab recipe! I'm a bit of a corn lover myself =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful salad and that vinaigrette sounds fab! Love fresh corn and I'll definitely be trying this soon. Thanks for the great recipe, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pam, Sounds delicious. Have a wonderful day. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum this would be delicious with some pita chips! Looks simple and so summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam,
    Your salad is gorgeous with all the flavors of summer. My first job was de-tassleing corn, so I'm partial to corn. Now we live one mile from a farm stand, so we ahve garden veggies all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great recipe. Corn is one of the main ingredients that makes a meal inviting. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    web design adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam that is a great use of wonderful summer veggies like corn. Unfortunately, the corn around here has been less than wonderful this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never tasted this but I know I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Corn..I love corn and this looks like the perfect way to eat it.
    so refreshing!
    have a good weekend.
    shug

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam