all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, July 2, 2012

Peach Fluff


I kid you not ~  when I was young, Mom must’ve served strawberries in one form or another ~ from jam to strawberry shortcake ~ with every meal in the summer…


So ~ when I saw this recipe, it was for Pink Fluff, using strawberries; Mimi stated that other fruits substitute well.  We all like peaches here, so I’m calling it “Peach Fluff.”  If 
you don’t know Mimi, you can find her blog of mouthwatering recipes right here.




According to Mimi, this is a recipe from her mom’s very old sorority cookbook.  It originally called for dream whip and Mimi updated it with heavy cream.  It is delicious and a perfect summer dessert!


The sweet ripe peaches are combined with whipped cream and topped with a brown sugar crumble.  Then place the pan of deliciousness in the freezer for a cold summer dessert.  Remove it from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make slicing easier.  You want it slightly soft to taste all the flavors and make it easier to eat. 

Try any combo of fresh fruits you like, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches or strawberries, whatever is in season.  Cut the ripe fruit into 1” to 2” chunks and freeze on a rimmed cookie sheet until frozen solid before making the dessert. 

We all quickly decided, this dessert is a summertime keeper and I will be making it again soon!  You just have to try it to find out how ambrosial it is!  It’s food for the gods!









Peach Fluff
Ingredients:
1¼ cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup chopped nuts -optional
2 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peaches (or fresh peaches, cut into chunks and frozen)
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Method:
Combine the flour, brown sugar, and nuts, if using.
Mix in the melted butter and crumble on a rimmed cookie sheet.
Bake in a 350 oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. 
Remove from oven and cool. Reserve about 1/3 cup for topping.
Sprinkle the remaining crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the egg whites, sugar, lemon juice, and frozen strawberries until light and fluffy, about 15-20 minutes.
Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice to make sure there are no big chunks of fruit.
In a separate bowl beat the heavy cream until about double in volume and slightly stiff.
Fold the cream into the berry mixture.
Pour into the prepared pan, sprinkle with reserved crumbs and freeze until frozen, about 6 hours.
Cut in serving size pieces and garnish with fresh peaches.

It’s divine, it’s delicious, and great for the 4th!

Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 




Pin It

18 comments:

Pegasuslegend said...

oh boy perfect timing we are in PEACH HEAVEN season here!!!! this sounds fabulous HAPPY 4th!!!!

~~louise~~ said...

Okay I'll admit it, at this particular moment, I'd much rather dip into a Peach Fluff than a Strawberry Fluff. Of course, that can change at any moment, lol

Thanks for sharing, Pam...

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, This is such a beautiful and delicious dessert! A perfect summer treat! I hope you and your family have a beautiful holiday! Blessings my dear, your friend, Catherine xo

Shug said...

I have so many peaches in my freezer right now...this will be a perfect dish to try out tomorrow evening...I need to take something to a friend and this is going to be it..
Woo hoo!!

Ellen B Cookery said...

I can't wait for peaches to come into season here in Toronto so I can make this recipe!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Pam this looks F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!! I'll be sure to give it a try this summah (I'm in Maine right now)! Happy 4th of July to you too!

jose manuel said...

Que delicia, se ve fbuloso

My Little Space said...

Most Chinese ate differently but NOT me! haha... I love anything especially something sweet.
Thanks for sharing another wonderful sweet treat. Enjoy your week, Pam.
Blessings
Kristy

Jenn said...

My grandma used to make pink fluff! I haven't had it in years... love that you switched things up with peaches.... truly a dessert made for summer!

David said...

Pam, There are nothing like fresh peaches! It's peach season and this recipe is very timely. Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Marguerite said...

Love peaches and this looks like a perfect summer dessert! Yum! Have a wonderful holiday, cher! Cheers!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Wow but that looks so delicious. Keep well Diane

Katerina said...

Beautiful sweet Pam! Have a great 4rth of July!

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

This looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe. Glad I found your blog again! Happy 4th!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Does this ever look delicious Pam...thanks for the recipe ~ enjoy your 4th as well :)
Karla & Karrie

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

So summery ... wish I was eating sugar.

I made your easy cobbler for company the other night. All I had was Vernor Gingerale, so used it and everyone loved it.

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

From one peach lover to the next, this does sound divine. Happy 4th of July Pam.
Sam

Pam said...

Claudia, you're so lucky! I get mine at the farmers market, shipped from the south until ready here.

louise, great! You've got good options then.

Catherine, thanks and here's wishing you and your family a Happy 4th!

Shug, woo hoo! How nice of you, bet they'll love it.

Ellen, yes. I know what you mean.

Ocean Breezes, it is great and I hope you try it. Maine sounds great for this time of year. Happy 4th to you!

jose manuel, gracias! Es delicia y frio!

Kristy, lol! Me too and this is a good one. Thanks!

Jenn, then you know what a great summertime dessert it is! Thanks!

Dave, you are right! Peaches are the perfect summer fruit.

Marguerite, thank you and here's wishing you and yours a Happy 4th!

Diane, thanks! And the same right back to you.

Cheryl, thanks! I'm happy to see you here! Have a great 4th!

K & K, thank you! It is delicious! Here's wishing you all a Happy 4th!

Glenda, it's definitely summery and a good thing! I'm glad you liked the cobbler. Vernor Gingerale has a great tang so I'm sure, it was really good in the cobbler. Happy 4th!

Sam, thanks a lot and here's wishing you and your family a Happy 4th!