all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, June 1, 2012

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops



These pork chops have a crunchy, cheesy coating that makes them scrumptious!




This recipe is so straightforward and simple ~ you won’t believe how delicious the chops are until you try it.  The better your parmesan cheese, the better the chops.  Buy a wedge of the cheese and grate it yourself.  The chops are baked instead of fried, lessening the fat content.  Just be sure not to overcook them; bake until they are fork tender and golden brown. 

The flavors in these moist, savory pork chops would go with about any side dish you favor.  I served them with noodles and a green salad.  I would recommend this dish to any pork lover! 



Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup panko bread crumbs
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
4 center-cut loin pork chops, about ¾ to 1-inch thick



Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread olive oil over baking sheet.
Whisk egg and lemon juice to blend.
Combine bread crumbs and remaining ingredients, up to pork chops, on a plate.
Place pork in egg wash.
Dredge pork in crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
Place on prepared baking pan.
Bake for about 20 minutes, turning once half-way through baking time.
Cook until they are fork tender and cooked all the way through, with a golden brown crust.


You will hear plenty of “Ummms” around your table, when you serve these chops!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 







Pin It

24 comments:

  1. Oh MY God Pam, i love parmesan! i eat it every day if i could:) i just love this recipe! thank you so much for sharing! have a fab weenkend my Dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have some chops in the freezer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be making this very soon; a great way to enjoy pork chop that I have in the freezer. I buy a big chunk of Parmesan at Costco. grate it and vacuum seal it. so much cheaper and tastier.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version of Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops. I usually use mayonnaise instead of the egg wash. I will have to give it try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Hubby will love these! They look absolutely perfect, Pam! Yum! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I'm just making a grocery list to restock the pantry after our trip. I'm going to put pork chops down as they are a favorite. Are you as cold as we are? Couldn't believe it when we landed at Midway!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coradinha, thanks! I feel the same about Parmesan! lol Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend, dear!

    laurie, then hopefully, you will try this! Have a great weekend!

    Rita, vacuum sealing the grated cheese is a great tip to save on the cost of it and to it have handy! I will be looking into that. Thanks!

    Linda, and I'll have to try it with mayo! Thanks!

    Anna, thank you and I hope your hubby likes them, if you try it. Have a nice weekend!!

    Bonnie, thanks! Yes, it's cold here for sure---it seems to go from one extreme to another. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking crust on them Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Que delicia, tiene que estar muy bueno.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my these look delicious Pam! I always love a tasty pork chop! I would love for you to share at out fabulous friday party!
    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a flavorful way to make pork chops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this look really delicious Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. not too fond of pork but this may make another one on the list that crust is irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I definitely need to try this. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, boy, Pam, do these look tempting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these chops are the best yet! Love that crust and how easy they are to prepare! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These sound great! I don't make a lot of pork chops but I so am next time they are on sale! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Larry, thanks!

    jose manuel, estan muy bueno! Gracias!

    Serena, thanks! You have a fantastic week also!

    Lisa, thank you! Glad you stopped by!

    Gloria, thanks! Have a good weekend!

    Claudia, the crust makes it good!

    Grubarazzi, hope you try it then and like it!

    Lizzy, always happy to share. Have a great weekend!

    Marguerite, yes! Being easy to make is a huge plus.

    Debbi, luckily, they're on sale quite a bit around here. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These have to be good, what a great combination. Have a great day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diane, thanks and have a good rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this sounds like a delicious dinner! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love anything with a parmesan/panko coating! Love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this, I could do it "baked" on my grill. Hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This pork chop recipe has to make a run at my grill. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam