all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, June 15, 2012

Easy Easy Berry Cobbler



Berry Cobbler does not get much easier than this…






This recipe is incredibly easy and seemed unreal, when I saw it on Pinterest and was led here.  It uses just 3 ingredients:  frozen fruit, cake mix and Sprite Zero soda.  Plus, it is not so high in calories as is the usual cobbler! 

I used a combo of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries because that is what we like ~ you can use strawberries, peaches, cherries, or any combo you favor.  There has been a box of lemon cake mix in my kitchen cabinet for ages, so I used it.  The recipe calls for a white cake mix and next time, I will try that.  


Layer of frozen berries




Here’s what I learned:

The recipe calls for not stirring the cake mix and soda together.  I followed that and baked it for 45 minutes.  When pulled out of the oven, I saw some of the cake mix laying on top; very dry.  I poured about ¼ cup more soda over it in the dry spots, and stirred the surface around a little with a fork, then baked it for another 10 minutes ~ 55 minutes, total baking time.  



After pouring soda over the top of the cake mix



Some of the reviewers stated that they stirred the cake mix and soda together before baking.  The recipe says that stirring it makes a smooth cake-like topping, instead of a crust like cobbler. 

The way I made it, turned out crumbly and delicious.  It was not runny, like cobblers many times are ~ the consistency was perfect; juicy fruit with a great crust and not too sweet.  It has a sweet/tart thing going on, different and delicious!

We really liked this!  So easy, peasy and good!  I had cool whip on hand, but it would be great with a scoop of ice cream!  If you like cobblers, you have to try this!








Berry Cobbler

Ingredients:

2 (12 ounce) bags frozen mixed berries
1 box white cake mix (NO PUDDING)----I used lemon
1 can diet 7-up or sierra mist (clear soda)---I used Sprite Zero

Method:

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
Place frozen fruit in baking dish.
Add dry cake mix over the top.
Pour soda SLOWLY over cake mix.
DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop---this will give you a ‘crust.’  If you stir the two you will have a cake-like topping.
Bake 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Serve with ice cream, or not.



I will be making this again very soon and will use a white cake mix and frozen cherries, if I’m lucky enough to find them!!!



Pam's note:  Update June 23rd:  I made it using the white cake mix---it's even better!




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 








Pin It

22 comments:

jose manuel said...

Que delicia, me gusta el colorido

Pam said...

jose manuel, gracias! Que delicia y me gusta el colorido tambien.

Country Dreaming said...

This sounds very easy and YUMMY.
Do you think frsh friut would work in this?

Have a great weekend.

Melinda

Pam said...

Melinda, I think it would as I saw several places where some had tried that. I think I''l try it too as soon as there are fresh peaches at the farmers markets.

Chaya said...

This calls to you. It is beautiful. Come on over and pick up an award just for you and you do deserve a sunshine award with your warmth and joy.

Pegasuslegend said...

On word comes to mind..... FABULOUS!

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

I love how easy this is! Thank you for sharing, Pam!

Bo said...

Gonna have to try this!

Amoridoce by coradinha said...

yummy! love this Pam! looks delicious and so easy to make! thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! kisses and have a fabulous weekend my dear:)

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

yum yum yum!! thanks for sharing!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

They do not come much easier than this, now I wonder what soda I can but here, or cake mixture for that matter! Have a great weekend Diane

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

This would be a perfect Father's Day dessert! It is easy enough for little kids to make for their Dads.

Bernideen said...

Looks great - a winner for sure!

Lizzy said...

I love cobblers and crisps in the summer...especially with berries! And I'm always up for a new, delicious recipe to try. Thanks for such a sweet comment about my blog...one of my goals was not to have it too cluttered, so it means a lot that you appreciated that :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Pam!

Marguerite said...

Wow, what a great recipe! Looks scrumptious and I have all three ingredients, so I am adding this to my Father's Day dessert table! Thanks for sharing!

SerenaB said...

I love cobbler! This looks super easy! Have a fabulous week!

Pam said...

Thanks to all of you!

Jenn said...

Sounds lovely, Pam! I love that is uses so little ingredients. The more simple a recipe is, the better!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

My husband is making this this weekend for our house guest.

I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your header.

Catherine said...

Dear Pam, This look absolutely delicious! Nothing says summer to me than a slice of berry pie (or cobbler)!! Delicious! Blessings to you my dear, your friend, Catherine xo

Chris said...

Love the new lay out of your blog.

This is perfect timing, Alexis was just wanting a cobbler recipe last night to use the last of our cherries.

Olya Olegovna said...

Pretty interesting post! Thanks it was interesting. www.thwindowsdoors.com