all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders and “Thanks” to an Italian Cook



Isn’t miniature food the greatest? 

If you like pulled pork, you’ll really like this pulled chicken!  It’s a quick way to cook a dish that’s traditionally slow-cooked.  I especially like the fact that they’re sliders, on mini buns; the perfect size and not so messy to eat.  





Use boneless chicken breasts that have been simmered in salted water, cooled and shredded.  Or, for a simple, readily available solution, cut up a rotisserie chicken from the market to speed up the process.


I’m not big on sweet sauces, so this tangy sauce with a tablespoon of brown sugar, cider vinegar, spices, and a little ketchup, hits the spot.  Bill thinks this is the best barbecue sauce ever and I concur! 


Switching gears, I want to take time to thank Claudia @What’s Cookin’ Italian Style.  A short while ago, she had a giveaway for 2 photography books:  Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Great Photography by Shawn Frederick and Bill Gutman.






I knew I could benefit from these, so entered the contest and was the lucky one winner!  These are two excellent books for anyone who finds the concept of photography confusing, like I do.  The information takes the mystery out of picture taking, by offering great tips in achieving better photos.  I am studying the books and am happy to be learning more about photography! 

Please ~ go over for a visit at Claudia’s blog:  What’s Cookin’ Italian Style!  She has fantastic Italian recipes that will make your mouth water.  She occasionally talks about her Italian family and makes you wish you were seated around her dinner table for her friendliness and her great cooking ~ just like her mother’s, I imagine!

If you like your cooking “heart healthy,” she has another terrific blog with good and healthy recipes, plus info for you @Blogs Got Heart.

Thanks so much, Claudia, for the photography books and your excellent blogs!

Now, here’s the chicken slider recipe:





Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders

Ingredients:

½ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
8 sliders mini buns (I used Pepperidge Farm)
8 Vlasic dill pickle ovals

Method:

Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken to ketchup mixture; combine well.
Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is heated thoroughly. 
Spoon 3 tablespoons chicken mixture on each bottom half of bun, top with pickle and top bun half.
4 servings (2 sandwiches each serving)


Yum!!!  Excellent barbecue sauce for sliders!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind Of Cooking.  She has unique tips on Tuesdays and yummy recipes every Friday!









Pin It

26 comments:

Pegasuslegend said...

Awe thanks so much for your kind words.I see these books found the right home. So glad! What a fabulous recipe love it...have a great weekend!

Rita said...

This looks wonderful; love to find easy recipes to feed my teenagers when they come to visit. I know this will be a winner.
Rita

Karen said...

Nice sliders - and a nice win!

jose manuel said...

Fantastica la receta.

Saludos

Pam said...

Claudia, thanks so much for the books again! You have a great weekend also.

Rita, this would be easy for you to make and a good thing to feed those teenagers!

Karen, thanks! Glad you like both.

jose manuel, gracias! Tenga un gran fin de semana.

Mr. Bill said...

Those look great Pam...love you photography too!

Pam said...

Mr. Bill, thanks! Those sliders really taste good!

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

Great simple and easy recipe! I like the hint about the rotisserie chicken. By the way, we loved your broccoli recipe! My husband went back for seconds.

From the Kitchen said...

I recently clipped a recipe for pulled chicken which sounded delicious. Your's does to an I think I'll use it instead. Like the idea of picking up a rotisserie chicken--even easier.

Thanks!

Best,
Bonnie

João Silva said...

Hello Pam... surprise...surprise...lovely recepie, as usual!!! nice picture!!!

Cheers

João Silva from Portugal

Jenn said...

What a great little giveaway win! And I love sliders...these look and sound delicious!

Penny said...

Love the idea of using a rotisserie chicken. Great recipe.

What's Baking?? said...

you really work on my appetite with your good food!

Pam said...

Linda, it's easy peasy! I'm so happy you both liked the broccoli! Thanks for telling me!

Bonnie, I hope you try this one. I think it's really good! And I will use rotisserie chicken from now on.

Joao, thank you! Here's wishing you a great weekend in your side of the world!

Jenn, thanks! Glad you like them! Have a fun weekend!

Penny, I like that too---it makes it so quick and easy!

What's Baking?? Thank you! That's a good thing, right? lol!

Pam said...

Linda, it's easy peasy! I'm so happy you both liked the broccoli! Thanks for telling me!

Bonnie, I hope you try this one. I think it's really good! And I will use rotisserie chicken from now on.

Joao, thank you! Here's wishing you a great weekend in your side of the world!

Jenn, thanks! Glad you like them! Have a fun weekend!

Penny, I like that too---it makes it so quick and easy!

What's Baking?? Thank you! That's a good thing, right? lol!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I LOVE this! I'm making this or something like this for my family reunion and it's a great idea to put it on mini buns! I'm going to compare this BBQ with mine, I love the smoked paprika in this!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

These will be great eaten on the patio in the summer!

Reeni said...

The sliders are mouth-watering! I like the mini-size too - makes them easier to handle.

Big Dude said...

Very nice lookin sammie Pam and glad to know the books are helping you out.

Pam said...

Debbi, great! I hope you like it---let me know if you try it!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen, yes! Perfect for the patio!

Reeni, you're right! Small and easy to eat!

Larry, thank you! I definitely needed them and am enjoying learning from them!

Velva said...

The chicken sliders rock-Yummy!

The photography books rock too! Congrats on your win.

Velva

Mary said...

These sound great to me! I love the homemade sauce too.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Wow this sounds good. Now we just need some warm weather so we can really think barbecue!!!!

Thanks so much for you kind thoughts and condolences, much appreciated. Diane

Chris said...

We do almost the same thing but use thighs instead. Excellent!

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Delicious looking sandwiches, Pam. I love all the flavors in this recipe and I bet a Costco chicken breast would work great. Congrats on your win!

Pam said...

Velva, thanks! I think they all do too!

Mary, me too! Homemade is always good!

Diane, it's great to see you back! I hope it warms up soon by you. It's chilly here today but supposed to be 90 later in the week.

Chris, I bet they're good! Have a great day!

Cathy, thanks! Yes, I plan to do it the easy way next time!