all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, April 30, 2012

Honey-Mustard Pork Chops



Pork chops never had it so good ~ and it’s because of the relatively dulcet-zingy flavor of the honey-mustard marinade!


This may qualify as the worst food pic ever---we were hungry!


This recipe is from our local newspaper, The Northwest Herald, and is one I plan on repeating many times.  The chops marinated in the refrigerator for 5 hours before being baked.  The recipe actually calls for broiling them, but I placed them on a baking sheet and baked them for about 20 minutes.   They turned out juicy and tender.  The next time, they will be cooked on the grill.  Bet that would be even better!

 I was afraid the recipe was not making enough marinade, but it was plenty.  The sauce was really delicious and the pork chops turned out tender and succulent.  The only problem is that I didn’t take a “pretty picture” of them, as you can see.  We could hardly wait to sink our teeth into them…



Not much better...

Honey-Mustard Pork Chops

 Ingredients:

¼ cup Dijon mustard
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon cider or white wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon black pepper (I used ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper)
4 (5-ounce) loin pork chops

Method:

For marinade:

Stir together all ingredients except pork in a small bowl.
Transfer marinade to a large zip-close plastic bag and add pork.
Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat meat.
Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
Remove chops from bag and discard marinade.
Place chops on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until pork is cooked to your desired doneness.
Serve


It’s hard to beat the tangy-sweet flavor of honey-mustard, especially with pork! 


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips on Tuesday’s and good and easy recipes every Friday!






17 comments:

Lyndsey said...

So funny I was just asking my co-workers at lunch ideas for supper...I'm all out of ideas right now. One teacher asked "when was the last time you had pork chops?" He said to do them on the grill...hmmm...that sounded good, I usually just make pork roast or pulled pork. Then I was thinking what sould I season them with? Bingo!! Good pork chops and a good recamondation! Thanks.

Rita said...

Great suggestion to marinate the pork chops must be tasty good.
Rita

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I love pork with honey and mustard, this recipe sounds fantastic despite the photo :)) Diane

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

I can only imagine how deliciously it smells when you bake them! We love pork chops :)

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

My husband and I were talking about a Honey Mustard Marinade just last night! We plan to grill chicken again this week and I asked him what kind of marinade he wanted me to use and he said, "How about a Honey Mustard Marinade". I can't wait to show him your post! LOL

Shug said...

Pork chops...My favorite meat dish!
One thing that I love about this time of year, is being able to cook on the grill...and what better thing to cook than Pork Chops..Glad to have this new recipe...
hugs

Pegasuslegend said...

Amazing flavors for pork! yum!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Sometimes a pretty picture isn't necessary or even possible! These sound wonderful!

Jenn said...

Honey + Mustard + Pork = Happiness!!!

Jenn said...

Honey + Mustard + Pork = Happiness!!!

kitchen flavours said...

This looks simple and easy and sounds delicious! I would love to try these! Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Lyndsey, I get that sometimes too, no idea for supper. Good suggestion from your co-worker and I hope you tried this marinade.

Rita, they were really delicious!

Diane, thanks! You can hardly go wrong with honey and mustard.

CCS, ummmm, great aroma!

Linda, this would be great with chicken and I'm going to try it soon, when it's good grilling weather.

Shug, I hope you try this and like it!

Claudia, thank you! Have a good day!

Debbi, yeah! That camera and I don't get along sometimes.

Jenn, I'm with you all the way on that!

kf, yes! It doesn't get much easier than this!

David said...

Pam... Nice recipe! I'm usually not into 'sweet' such as honey with meat...even with pork. This honey mustard marinade sounds like it's a nice blend. Thanks! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Marguerite said...

These chops sound scrumptious and the marinade is fab! I will definitely be grilling up some of these babies. Thanks for the great recipe and for stopping by!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

The marinade sounds delicious! The pork chops would be wonderful on the grill too.

Pam said...

Dave, it's really not sweet, the honey just adds to the flavor.

Marguerite, thanks! Grilling and some Cajun music and dancin' too?

ST, thank you! You're right---I have to try them all the grill next time!

Chris said...

I'm a fan of mustard based sauces, especially with pork. I bet this would rock on my grill.