all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, April 2, 2012

Herb-rubbed Pork Tenderloin w Dijon-Apricot Mop Sauce & My Lost Blog Roll on the Side-bar


Pork tenderloin is a quick-cooking cut of meat that has less fat than beef and more protein than chicken breasts.  I’m always on the look-out for pork tenderloin recipes and this is a really good one from the New American Heart Association Cookbook




As stated in the cookbook, “A dry herb rub flavors the pork and makes a nice crust.  You may want to stop right there, or you can go one step further and add the tangy mop.”  I’m telling you; do not stop at the rub!  It is a great blend of herbs and does make the tenderloin crusty but, the apricot and mustard duo in the mop is magnificent.  And, adding the vinegar, honey and remaining ingredients makes it only better.




The cookbook proclaims that chicken and beef roasts are delicious with both the rub and the mop sauce. Try the mop sauce alone on its own over vegetable kebobs, beef, poultry, firm fish fillets or shrimp.  I second that with the mop sauce ~ it’s great on chicken and vegetables also, and I will be trying it on seafood soon!



Off the subject ~

Over the week-end, some work was done on my blog and most of my blog roll on the right side-bar mysteriously disappeared; all but 7 vanished.   So, it will take me a while to re-install them and I will try to visit your blog as soon as possible! 



Here’s the good recipe:

Herb-rubbed Pork Tenderloin w Dijon-Apricot Mop Sauce

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons celery seeds
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, all visible fat removed
Vegetable oil spray


Dijon-Apricot Mop Sauce

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon canola oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
½ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup honey
¼ cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Method:

In a small bowl, stir together the rub ingredients.
Using your hands or a spoon, rub the mixture evenly over the pork and set aside.

For the mop sauce, heat a small pan over medium-high heat.
Pour oil into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom.
Cook onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally.

Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(You may wish to reserve ½ cup of the sauce to use as a dipping sauce for the pork.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
Place tenderloins on the pan and into hot oven.
Using a brush, baste pork several times during baking time with the sauce.
Bake until 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, or to your liking.
Serves 6-8


ENJOY!


Take time to check out my friend, Linda, and her great blog @ My Kind of Cooking --- she’s having a great giveaway now!





24 comments:

Leslie said...

Ummmm. I was just thinking about my dinner menu this week. This sounds perfect. Sorry about your blog. Happy Monday.

Becky said...

Pam we like pork tenderloin, too for the very reasons that you stated, and are always looking for new recipes. This one looks like a winner, and we will be making it as soon, as we have pork tenderloin again.

Hope that you computer is better soon:)

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Poor Pam, I hate it when computer's have a mind of their own. Google blogger is about to change everything all over again and I am dreading it.
This dish sounds fantastic, can I come to dinner please? LOL Diane

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

The pork sounds amazing! I love the flavors in the mop, I'm drooling just thinking about how good it'd be! Sorry about your sidebar, that's the exact reason that I've not changed up my blog in a long long (very) long time. Must be brave LOL!! good luck recovering your info Pam!

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

Pork tenderloin is probably one of our fav dishes to make for special occasions. And we have those coming! I am bookmarking this post to try the mop and the rub. Thank you for sharing it, Pam! Hope all goes well with the blog roll.

StephenC said...

Boy, I have not had a pork tenderloin in ages. Must change that. Apricot is my friend.

Chris said...

I think this would rock on the grill.

Big Dude said...

This sounds really good Pam - apricot preserves get used a lot in the BBQ world but I tend to shy away from the sweet stuff - I know I shouldn't.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Sounds delicious!

Hey, can you put a "follow by email" on your blog? I don't see one. It's easier for me to remember to visit blogs if they come to my email, thanks!

Pegasuslegend said...

Everything you make is awesome here is another winner!

Tracy Wood said...

I love the recipes on the American Heart Association website - they are all winners and I am sure this one is too. The 'mop sauce' sounds awesome!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Oh my goodness! Looks SO good! =D

Susan said...

Beautiful pork recipe!! I lost all my blog roll a couple of years ago and painfully I added each one back, 1 at a time. sigh Good luck.

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

I just love pork recipes! This recipe sounds like it is full of flavor and the pork must be very moist. Yummy!

Lyndsey said...

Sounds like it is full of good flavors! I love the herb blend in the rub! Pork tenderloin is a favorite around our house, I'll have to dress it up like yours!! :)

Pam said...

Debbi, the email link is there now under networked blogs.

Thanks so much to all of you! This pork recipe is really good with that great mop and I hope you try it. I'm slowly getting my blogroll back. Have a good day!

Gloria said...

Look delicious dear Pam!!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks great!

Hope you get everything back where it belongs.

Take care.


melinda

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

We love pork tenderloin also and this is another great recipe to add to our ways to make it!

Shug said...

As we sometimes say around here.."shut your mouth and roll up my sleeves" This is my kind of food.
Hope you get everything back together on your computer real soon.
Shug

Salsa Verde said...

Hi Pam,
Scrumptious recipe!!
Cheers,
Lia.

Jenn said...

Oh yea.. this one is definitely bookmark worthy! And I'm with Chris.. I bet it would be killer on the grill!!!
(P.s.. sorry to hear about your blog roll, don't you just love technology sometimes??)

Rita said...

This one was added to 2 of my boards on Pinterest; great recipe. We have pork tenderloin once a week and I am always on he lookout for some new way to prepare it. Thank you Pam!
Blogger can be very frustrating.
Rita

Jeannie Tay said...

This sounds and looks delicious! We have pork almost daily over here so this would be a great recipe to try! Thanks for sharing Pam:)