all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ham Slices with Shallots & Vinegar

I love, love ham loaf ~ the saltiness of the ham with the luscious brown sugar and vinegar glaze...  So, when I saw this recipe in my Cooking Light cookbook for ham slices, I was ready to try it, and ~ I already had slices of smoked ham in the refrigerator!




This ham is quick and easy and good as an entrée at dinner time, like I served it, or at breakfast or brunch.  The sauce adds the perfect touch, complimenting the smoky taste of the ham.  It’s a great way to use leftover ham from Easter!

The next time, I will serve it with a quiche or breakfast casserole and fruit salad.  It will be delicious…


Ham Slices with Shallots & Vinegar

Ingredients:  

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup shallots, sliced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
4 slices smoked ham
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Method:

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add vinegar and water; cook until reduced by half.
Add ham and cook for 4 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from pan and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

ENJOY!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes!





Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I love the combination of sweet and savory in food. This ham looks delicious and your description made me hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katerina, thanks! This recipe is a keeper here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam this ham look absolutely amazing!
    Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Anything with ham or bacon will be gone in a jiffy in my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, can't wait to make them soon I love experimenting with flavours

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds really good and so easy. Have a great Easter. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Te han quedado estupenda la receta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am toasting some shallots for my ham this weekend! Love the flavor of them. Great recipe and a Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, this looks absolutely delicious! Love the shallots & vinegar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are having ham for our Easter dinner, so I am going to print this recipe for my mom, sister, and myself. We all love red wine vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh...yes, I bet that sauce was nice and tart! I think it's time to serve some ham around here, can't remember the last time I had it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pam, I love ham too. It seems to go with everything or just delicious in a sandwich.
    Have a very Happy Easter. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great recipe Pam. I love Cooking Light and use it often. My father always had a ham in the refrigerator. I could eat it morning, noon and night. You've brought back fond memories of my parents.

    Happy Easter,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love ham over at our house and this recipe sounds delicious! Happy Easter Pam!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam