all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, December 12, 2011

Crispy Sesame Chicken





Sesame seeds on oven-fried chicken?  Crispy chicken without a grease-filled iron skillet? 

This recipe got my attention, when I saw it in my America’s Best Recipes cookbook, and I had to try it!  The recipe includes grated Parmesan cheese and dry breadcrumbs, along with sesame seeds for the breading.  Use skinless chicken and it’s even healthier.

I can tell you this chicken ROCKED!   It turned out very crispy and juicy and smacked of good flavors.  Just try it --- I bet you will think so also!



Crispy Sesame Chicken

Ingredients:

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon pepper
1 (3 to 3½-pound) fryer chicken, cut up, skinless
¼ cup butter, melted

Method:

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
Dip chicken in butter.
Dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
4-6 servings


Yum!  Tender and crispy too!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes. 







Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Pam I love sesame and this chicken with sesame look delicious!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look amazing - great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I would suggest your readers do a Google search for gribenes, so as to use the chicken skin. Just ignore how unhealthy it may sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy Chicken? Of course I will try this healthy recipe very soon; sure looks good.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do almost the same thing with skinless chicken breasts. The only change I make is instead of dipping the chicken in butter, I lightly coat it with mayonnaise. The mayonnaise keeps the chicken moist. I am going to try it with the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love crispy chicken! This sounds amazing! I often bake things into crispy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, This chicken looks good and sounds delicious! Now if I can just convince my better half that sesame seeds should be part of her diet... Hopefully, we'll try this recipe. Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chicken looks fab and I just love the sesame, Parmesan coating! Thanks for the great reciep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sesame seeds as breading sounds delicious! How interesting to combine it with parmesan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sesame makes the chicken very crispy and adds a beautiful flavor to it, very different from the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love crispy fried chicken.. especially if you can get that special crisp just by baking!! Sounds delicious, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a favorite although I have not done it with the sesame seeds. Have to try the addition and see how magical it is. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam,
    What an amazing suggestion. Really loved it!
    Cheers and hope you have a fantastic weekend,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The oven baked chicken we do has parmesan in the bread crumbs too and it does always rock. So I bet the sesame adds a great touch.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam