all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cranberry-Maple Syrup and Merry Christmas!





Your pancakes will really be perfect on Christmas morning when drizzled with this mouthwatering cranberry-maple syrup! 

This syrup is a cross between a colorful jam and viscous syrup.  Crushed cranberries provide an interesting texture with a tart flavor, mingling with the sweet sticky maple syrup.  Four ingredients are all it takes.  Cook the cranberries in the maple syrup, until they pop, then crush the cranberries with a potato masher.   The aroma as it cooks is mouthwatering. 

I saw this recipe somewhere on the internet a while back, but don’t remember where.  It’s a great recipe ~ so try topping your waffles or pancakes with this fruity syrup!





Cranberry-Maple Syrup

Ingredients:

1 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup fresh cranberries
½ teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon butter

Method:

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring syrup, cranberries and orange zest to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer, until the cranberries have popped, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and crush cranberries with a potato masher or spoon.
Add butter and stir until dissolved.
Serve warm
Keeps well refrigerated in a covered container.


By the way, it makes a great little homemade gift for your family and friends!




Here’s wishing all of you and your loved ones a blessed Merry Christmas!





A little smile
A word of cheer
A bit of love from someone near,
A little gift from one held dear,
Best wishes for the coming year…
These make a Merry Christmas!

John Greenleaf Whittier





Hugs to you all,
Pam


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and recipes. 

Pin It

24 comments:

  1. delicious looking syrup
    happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great recipe! Wishing you a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas have a wonderful holiday !~!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Pam! Looking forward to 2012 with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled upon your blog in search of a last minute topping. Looks like this will be just perfect! Thanks for sharing, Pam.

    Merry Christmas!!! Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering! You are such a fabulous cook! Thank you for always sharing all of these recipes and thank you for sharing yourself with us.
    xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam I wanna whish you a very happy and nice Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam this looks delicious! My daughter would LOVE this! I have been so busy with my elf on the shelf that I have hardly had any time to post! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
    Tonya @ www.alagraham.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This syrup will be good on waffles too. Wishing you and your family a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desearte unas felices fiestas para tí y los tuyos.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got supply of frozen cranberries just waiting to try this. It looks delicious. Merry Christmas wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great combination of ingredients that I know must be so good. Happy Holidays.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous recipe and I can speak as someone who's made it recently. It's so easy, yet very impressive. It will become one of our standards.

    Merry Christmas Pam.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Pam to you and your beautiful family, may God give you good health and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious, perfect for Christmas.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam thanks for your Christmas wishes. I hope that Bill is now back to full strength, Happy Holidays Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made this today. I didn't have real maple syrup so I used maple flavored and it tasted good. I plan to serve it on eggnog bread pudding tomorrow morning for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam,

    Served your recipe for Roasted Italian Sausage and grapes for Christmas Eve. Smash hit. I mentioned you in my blog this morning!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas my friend! This is my kind of recipe, lol! I will be fixing this while my son is home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oohhh!! This would go perfectly with waffles! Festive and so delicious!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always wish for fresh cranberries whenever I see delicious recipes like this!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a neat recipe! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful, syrup Pam, so colorful and I can just imagine how good it tastes. Hope you had a great Christmas and this New Year will find everyone well, and happy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam