all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, December 9, 2011

Baked Salmon with Mushrooms and Garlic





I really like salmon ~ whether it’s straight out of the can or fresh and grilled or baked.  But, I’ve never combined it with mushrooms until now and it definitely won’t be the last time. 

The origin of the recipe is a mystery to me; one of those in my “must try” file.  Whatever, it’s delicious!  The blend of ingredients compliments the salmon excellently.   It’s a tasty salmon dish that goes great with a helping of rice and broccoli, for a good side dish!


Baked Salmon with Mushrooms and Garlic

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 pound salmon filets
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
¼ cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Lemon wedges for garnish, optional

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place mushrooms in baking dish that is sprayed with a cooking spray.
Salt and pepper salmon filets and layer over mushrooms.
Combine breadcrumbs, onion, garlic and parsley.
Sprinkle over filets.
Stir together olive oil and lemon juice.
Slowly drizzle over filets.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until tender and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Remove filets to serving platter and spoon mushrooms over the top.
Serve with lemon wedges.


I hope you try this and like it as much as I do!



Take time to check out my friend, Linda, and her great blog @ My Kind of Cooking for helpful tips and yummy recipes!





Pin It

17 comments:

Seedplanter Designs said...

Pam, we love salmon and this is one recipe I want to try. The mushrooms must be SO good with salmon! Thanks!

From the Kitchen said...

We love salmon too--in fact, had it last evening. I've never prepared it with mushrooms and don't think I've ever had it that way. Your recipe sounds delicious and, as often as we have salmon, we need some new ways to prepare the fish. Thanks!

Best,
Bonnie

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

I can see why this recipe was in your must try file! I am going to put it at the top of my must try list. We love salmon, and I have never tried it prepared this way.

Jennifurla said...

I h ave really had a craving for fish lately, this looks wonderful and healthy to boot.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

We love salmon but is was much easier to buy in the UK than in France. This looks very yummy. Diane

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Looks delicious, nice and moist with great flavors. I'm in for anything with mushrooms.

Claudia said...

I have never paired mushrooms with salmon either - but there is no rhyme or reason to that! I agree - looking at the recipe and the photo - a beautiful keeper and a grand way to eat salmon!

Parsley Sage said...

Oooh! I haven't tried salmon and mushroom together before :) But! They're two of my favorites so I reckon its a tasty combo!

Joanne said...

I've never combined salmon with mushrooms either! Sounds like a perfect pair, though!

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

This salmon recipe sounds delish!!! Great job! I love your blog! This is for sure a must try! :)

Rita said...

We love salmon and have never combined them with mushrooms. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe; already on my menu for this week.
Rita

The Baking Gypsy said...

Oooh that looks positively scrummy, Pam! I love, love, love salmon! Fabulous post!

~Tammy <3

Bo said...

I love salmon...not from a can, but fresh or smoked...this looks delicious.

Cheri Wollenberg said...

Can't wait to try this one, Pam. Thank you so much for sharing this. Like so many of your fans, I haven't used mushroom with salmon either. I'm looking forward to it.

Monet said...

This looks so yummy. We love salmon but don't bake it often. I would love to try this out for a holiday dinner. I love collecting recipes for my family and me to make! Thank you for sharing this with me and brightening my morning!

Jenn said...

Salmon is one of my favorite fish, unfortunately, Chris does not like it - oh well.. I can always adapt this to tilapia.. oh wait, he doesn't like mushrooms either.. Maybe I can just come to your house next time you make this?? :)

Marguerite said...

Just bought some salmon today and I can't wait to try this recipe! Looks scrumptious!