all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, October 10, 2011

Marinated BBQ Pork Chops






I hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed the warm weather like we did.  Our yard is now being blanketed with leaves and we've been having exceptionally nice weather for the last week ~ weather like we should’ve had in June!  It’s absolutely gorgeous out there this fall with all the different colors of leaves on the trees.

But now for the reason of this post:  saucy pork chops.  We really like pork chops and I prefer mine thick and juicy; saucy and tender.  Pork is leaner and healthier than it used to be but may not contain enough fat to remain succulent ~ this is when marinating comes to the rescue.  This is a simple marinade that is not too sweet.  It’s easy to make with ingredients you most likely have on hand.    

This BBQ marinade makes some sticky and delicious chops.  I bet your palate will fall in love with these saucy chops!


Marinated BBQ Pork Chops 

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon celery seed
4 (6-ounce) pork chops
                
Method: 

Stir together first 10 ingredients and mix well.
Place pork chops in a plastic bag and spread sauce over all sides.
Marinate in refrigerator for1 hour or overnight.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Drain and reserve marinade.
Place chops in skillet and brown on both sides.
Add reserved marinade.
Cover pan and simmer on low heat until chops are cooked through, about 30 minutes.


ENJOY!!!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes. 





20 comments:

Katerina said...

They look absolutely hands-licking those chops Pam!

Gloria said...

Pam these look absolutely delicious, hope you have a nice week, gloria

Big Dude said...

That's a delicious looking plate of food and the marinade sounds like it had to make some great chops.

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

We love pork too! I grill pork chops just last night. I wish I would have had this recipe instead.

David said...

Pam, Looks like the perfect meal to me..! I'd have to have two of those chops though... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Pam said...

Katerina, thanks! They are!

Gloria, thank you and you have a nice week also.

Larry, it was good! Thanks!

Linda, I know yours were good too!

Dave, two would work! Thanks for the visit!

Nezzy said...

Oh darlin', these look divine but we just picked up our beef and I have a roast in tonight but I do have some 'chops' in the freezer....maybe tomorrow baby!

God bless ya and enjoy this beautiful week!!! :o)

Marguerite said...

These chops sound and look scrumptious! Love that marinade and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the great recipe! Glad you're having some nice weather.

In bucatarie cu Aziz said...

Delicios!!!!have a nice day!!

Jenn said...

Did someone say saucy??? :) I'm in!!!

Rita said...

I know this is good! Almost my mom's recipe that she made so many years ago. I still make it and my boys now make them in their home. Really good Pam!!!

Mimi said...

We are big pork fans at our house and I usually brine my before baking. This marinade would sure add a lot of flavor.
Mimi

Chris said...

I know this post is about the great pork chops but those mashed potatoes stole the show for me! Great plate of food, Pam!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Pork and BBQ are a wonderful pair! This sounds delicious.

hbs1991 said...

Hi Pam,
I will be trying this this weekend, I wanted something different to try while the kitchen is a mess with canning apple butter. I always want something easy when canning.
Your recipes always look and sound so good.

My Little Space said...

Hi Pam, sorry I've been doing slow lately. I am surely will try this out on my chicken this weekend. Can't wait till then.
Have a great day, dear.
Blessings,
Kristy

Penny said...

Darn, We just put chops on the grill and I bet this sauce would have been great. Great idea. Next time, Pam.

Lizzy said...

Oh, Pam, your chops look fabulous! I almost always marinate them before grilling...and your recipe would be a family pleaser :)

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Yum! I will have to try those!

Trish

WeLoveChicken said...

I have some pork chops in the refrigerator and I was looking for some new recipe to prepare them. I mostly marinate pork chops in a olive oil-garlic-rosemary marinade but I want something new - I just found. Thanks