all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, September 9, 2011

Not Your Usual Tomato and Mozzarella Sauce with Pasta







Do you want a different side dish or even a main dish?  This is definitely not your mama’s pasta with tomato sauce!

This recipe came from a 1990 Hometown Collection of America’s Best Recipes Cookbook and was submitted by The Women’s Art Guild, Laguna Gloria Art Museum in Austin, Texas.  I have no recollection of where I picked up this cookbook but it is filled with some tasty recipes. 

If you adore ripe tomatoes and pasta, you will enjoy this for a meal.  It is a simple recipe that is easy to toss together.  The finished dish has a strong tomato taste and the texture of the cheese becomes softer.  I like it warm so I serve it immediately.  I’m guessing it would be fine if it were served with the pasta at room temperature.  It is definitely different!



Ready to rest for an hour



Tomato and Mozzarella Sauce with Pasta

Ingredients:

6 to 8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup fresh basil, minced
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti

Method:

Combine first 7 ingredients, stir well.
Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain well.
Immediately transfer hot spaghetti to a large serving bowl.
Pour sauce over hot cooked spaghetti, tossing gently to combine.
6-8 servings


ENJOY!!!




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes.  






Pin It

17 comments:

  1. So fresh looking and delicious, I just love mine like this, like a margarita style pizza pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dish, although I need to comment. I'm ok with removing the skins of tomatoes. But the juicy centers where the seeds are comprise about 90 % of the tomato flavor, so I would never discard that. There are few things as delectible as tomato with basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que delicia de plato de pasta, me encanta.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious but I would add a bit of chilie as well, Have masses in the garden and we both love the bite. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really fresh and delicious! I like it warm :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a fresh tomato sauce on pasta. The perfect way to say goodbye to summer.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks divinely delicious! Thanks for the great recipe! Hope that you and Bill are feeling better, now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I love this light pasta dish! It is a nice change from the thick heavy pasta sauce that I usually use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good Pam, perfect for those of you who can grow tomatoes! Being good served at room tempurature is great for my bento box lunches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. pening down.Another great recepie to use when tomatoes appear in my garden.I can imagine it is very tasty with pasta;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claudia, exactly! like a margarita style pizza pasta!

    Stephen, good point! You're right on spot about tomatoes and basil.

    jose manuel, gracias! Me encanta tambien.

    Diane, great with the chile, I will add that next time!

    Biren, thanks! Have a good evening!

    Bonnie, sadly yes! Fall is right around the corner.

    Marguerite, thanks! We're fine now. Glad you like this.

    Linda, yes. It's a different version that's good!

    Lyndsey, yes, this would be great for your bento box lunch! It's perfect for good fresh tomatoes!

    Dzoli, I hope you give it a try with your good tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummmo! I love easy fresh sauce like that, I make something like that for my pita pizza's ~ good stuff.
    Have a great weekend Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, I would love this. I'd have to throw some meat in there for hubby, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to try this one out. It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog, Pam. Happy Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm, one of my favorite combos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what I'm making tonight! We have all the ingredients already...including FRESH mozzarella. Yum! Thank you for taking the time to share another delicious recipe...and your sweet words! I hope you had a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend. We need them! Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It look delightful and the thing I like about it the best is how simple it is.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam