all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sautéed Zucchini Patties with Gruyère






A person can only eat so many slices of zucchini bread or cake!  You know how that goes ~ if your garden or your neighbor’s has a plant or two of zucchini ~ you’ll have copious amounts of zucchini!

For a change, this recipe comes into play. Combine shredded zucchini with the nutty, sweet and salty taste of Gruyère cheese, add some chopped onions, a little chipotle pepper sauce and seasonings; shape into patties and sauté in olive oil for a crispy, lip-smacking veggie dish.  These are quick to make; only needing a couple of minutes on each side for sautéing.

Serve them as an appetizer or as a side dish with grilled seafood, chicken or just with your favorite green salad!  Now you have a good recipe for your plethora of lovely zucchini!






Sautéed Zucchini Patties with Gruyère                                 

Ingredients:

1 pound zucchini, shredded
1 egg
2 tablespoons onion, minced
¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce, or to taste
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup Gruyère cheese, grated 
¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
Enough olive oil to just coat bottom of skillet

Method:

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except vegetable oil.
Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Shape zucchini mixture into small patties.
Sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with sour cream or your favorite tomato sauce.



YUM!!!




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes.  






Pin It

24 comments:

Rita said...

How original; never heard to zucchini patties; my neighbours are sharing their zucchinis and thand for adding to my collection.
Rita

TKW said...

This is the perfect way to use up that zucchini surplus! Looks great.

Lyndsey said...

This is a great zucchini fritter recipe, with the gruyere cheese, I'll bet gives it a nice nutty flavor. Love getting new fritter ideas! Now I wish I had a plethora of lovely zucchini!

BigAppleNosh said...

I just made zucchini pancakes (patties) yesterday night! Yum. :)

Zia Elle said...

It seem very easy and yammy. Love zucchini!!

Big Dude said...

You're right on Pam - if you grow squash and it does well, you quickly get tired of it, but this looks like an excellent use for it.

Beth said...

Pam... just shared your blog and the Zucc Patties with my sister. She was just telling me she was about tired of zuccini.... I think she may have one more try at using it all up....

So what do you have for eggplant? She has lots of those too.

jose manuel said...

Que rica receta, me encanta.

Saludos

Mimi said...

I have plenty of zucchini, so a new recipe is always welcome.
Mimi

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I have just picked a whole lot more Zucchini so this will be a welcome change, thanks Diane

Bo said...

Now if I only has some zucchini...it been so hot here...all my plants died.

Alessandra said...

Yum Pam!!! THis has my name written on it :-)!

Ciao
Alessandra

Gloria said...

Pam these zucchini look so tasty! gloria

Pegasuslegend said...

What a great recipe this time of the year you can never have enough of! I love this one! bookmarking!

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

This is the first year my friends have not loaded me up with zucchini. This recipe is worth a trip to the grocery store for the ingredients needed to fix these tasty treats!

Pam said...

Rita, this is a great way for all those zucchini!

TKW, good! Have a great day!

Lyndsey, yes, the cheese adds a good nutty flavor to the plethora of zucchine! lol

BigAppleNosh,the more zucchini recipes, the better!

Zia Elle, hi! It is easy, hope you try the recipe!

Larry, yes! Zucchini deserves something different.

Beth, great! I hope your sister likes it. Yes, I have an eggplant recipe that's really delicious! You'll find it here:

http://www.pamsmidwestkitchenkorner.com/2010/02/stuffed-eggplant-aubergine_25.html


jose manuel, gracis! Que tengas un buen dia!

Mimi, this is a quick way to cook them and good also!

Diane, great! I know you've got a good garden!

Bo, sorry for your zucchini. Maybe your farmer's market is stocked with them like ours is.

Alessandra, I thought it did! lol

Gloria, they are! Thanks!

Claudia, great! Have a good day!

Linda, it's something different for a change that you might enjoy!

Joanne said...

I can't believe I've never thought to stuff cheese INTO zucchini fritters! Genius move.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those fritters look wonderful! I like the addition of Gruyère.

Cheers,

Rosa

Karen said...

I have 4 zucchini sitting on my counter that I need to grate and freeze, and I expect there are more in the garden ;)

Marguerite said...

These zucchini patties look scrumptious and I love the gruyere cheese in them! Yum! I have quite a bit of zucchini, so I will be trying these soon. Thanks for the great recipe!

Velva said...

Pam, I was smiling. The first thing I thought when I saw the zucchini patties was...."Zucchini, the gift that keeps on giving all summer long"

These patties are a great way to enjoy . A good glass of cool white wine would be a perfect pairing too.

Velva

Lazaro Cooks said...

Gruyere is such a magical cheese. I love it. Lovely starter. Would get any party off on the right food.

Raina said...

Yum! Great way to use zucchini. They must be delicious with that spice from the chipotle and the Gruyere:)

My Little Space said...

I will definitely try this out when I managed to get some zuchinni the next time.
Kristy