all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, August 12, 2011

Opa!!! Greek Cucumber & Kalamata Salad








Are you ready for a salad with some OOMPH!!!?  If so, you’ve stopped by at the right food blog!

Combining the nippy taste of goat cheese with salty Kalamata olives and spicy radish slices gives you a pleasant pungent little salad.   Goat cheese is a bit tangy with great flavor and a creamy texture.   It pairs perfectly with the Kalamata olives.  The olives come to us from Greece with their deep rich aubergine color, turning dark brown when brined.  They’re sweet, rich and a treat to eat, especially when paired with cheese. 

You’ll enjoy this spicy summer salad like we do with about any meat or seafood from the grill.  If you haven’t tried Robusto Italian Dressing, put it on your shopping list.  It’s so spicy delicious and blends well with pasta also or is an excellent marinade for seafood.  I use it often, in many dishes but not with lettuce yet.  So I guess that will be next!

I adore this salad and really want you to try it!  I think you’ll like it also!  I actually could make a meal of it along with a slice of crusty bread!


Greek Cucumber  & Kalamata Salad

Ingredients:

1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
1 red onion, chopped
4 radishes, sliced thin
½ cup Kalamata olives
¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ to ½ cup Wish-bone Robusto Italian Salad Dressing
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Method:

Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and allow to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.  Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.


Καλή σας όρεξη!

Does that really mean, Bon Appetite in Greek?




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes.  





Pin It

19 comments:

  1. I would love this Pam but Nigel has a thing about goat's cheese, can't imagine why! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two problems with this. But, first, let me say I adore the concept. Bottled dressing - an absolute no-no. I hate kalamata olives, but there are a million other varieties out there. All my blogging friends: you must find a way to try castelvetrano olives. They generally can be found at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you speak GREEK! lol too cute but this recipe sings of wonderful greeknish awesome flavors my kind of salad for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous salad. Some of my favorite flavors are in here.

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, thanks, I understand! You can substitute it with feta and then try it. It's good!

    Stephen, I seldom use bottled dressing but this one is great! There are lots of olives to use instead of kalamata. I've not heard of the one you suggest and will check it out. But, you can be sure I won't check it out at Whole Foods! For one reason, the closest one is an hours drive and the main reason is that I think it's a highly over-rated very expensive grocery store.

    Claudia, lol! Thanks! Glad you like the salad.

    The Slow Roasted Italian, wonderful! It's definitely filled with good flavors!

    Jennifurla, it is easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the salad for me Pam :-), although I suggest you to skip the salad dressing (I confess I don't know what it is, but all pre-made salad dressings should be avoided really, so good on you to use them seldom!) and just use some extra virgin olive oil mixed with a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alessandra, I agree with the dressing and usually make my own with balsamic vinegar and EVOO. I just like the blend of spices in the Robusto and wish I knew what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful combination Pam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. christo, that's good!

    bellini, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another winner Pam! The thought of goat cheese and radishes makes me smile. I'm enjoying your words and photos as I sip on a tall glass of almond milk with a plate of graham crackers. Perfect Saturday night! Love and hugs from Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, this does look OOMMPH with all the nice ingredients but I will make my own salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adding radish slices is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe reminds me of my grandmother. She always served fresh sliced radishes on her veggie trays in the summer. She would have loved this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds seriously good, Pam! I do love anything with goat cheese though :) Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cucumber salad, and the addition of goat cheese sounds delectable! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I have everything except the goat cheese. I may just have to make a run to the store :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam