all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sirloin Steak and Peppers over Rice





I’m a total carnivore who really likes about any meat, but especially sirloin steak.  Although, my favorite way to enjoy steak is cooked rare on the grill with a dash of salt, once in a while I enjoy it smothered with peppers and onions and so does Bill. 

Turning your favorite steak into a stir-fry dish makes for a gratifying quick dinner that your whole family will like.  Having all the ingredients prepped and ready to add to the skillet makes it easy, easy. 

Pepper steak is another of those comfort food dishes that’s full of flavor ~ color also and I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!






Sirloin Steak and Peppers over Rice

Ingredients:

1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup beef broth
½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 green bell peppers, sliced into thin slices
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin slices
½ cup cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups hot cooked rice

Method:

In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add steak, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and steak is partially cooked.
Add broth, salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce and heat through.
Add bell peppers and stir them in the mixture.
Cook for 5-8 minutes until peppers are cooked to your liking.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water.
Add to steak mixture and stir until mixture thickens, about 2-4 minutes.
Serve over hot rice.

ENJOY!!!




Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and recipes.  She’s having a Double Giveaway now!






Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Pam this sounds delicious, I also like my steak very rare but this will make a nice change. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a family favorite at hour house, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious!! I loved this recepi. Have a nice weekend. Kisses, Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell it from here! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this kind of meal, Pam. It's wonderful the day its prepared and the leftovers are delish as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pepper steak is one of the first things I attempted to cook when I was out on my own many years ago, but this looks much better than what I made! This looks so full of flavor and also easy enough to put together after work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, pepper steak. Looks wonderful. I find this dish to be a comforting family meal.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delish, love the color here. Would love some for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious flavours looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rare for me too, but this is a great substitute because I do love peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam I have never made pepper steak because my husband dosen't like peppers. I do remember my mom making this and loving it. Maybe I make it for myself sometime when he's out of town :D Otherwise we like our steak grilled and med rare! I use a little salt and onion powder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam this look absolutely nice and delicious!!, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, steak stir-fry over rice, it doesn't get better than that! My exchange girls would have loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a lovely meal, I don't eat beef but it looks delicious! Have a lovely weekend, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely agree with you. It is sometimes nice to have a quick beef stir-fry with rice. Yours look so tasty and yummy! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so good, this would go over really well at my house! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diane, glad you like this, it's good for a change!

    Claudia, thanks!

    Glenda, great! It's so easy and always tastes good.

    Marta, thanks! Glad you like it and you have a great weekend. Kisses back at ya!

    Emily, isn't that great that the aroma carries that far? If only we could have a sample now of everyone's cooking!

    Cathy, you are so right with the leftovers. It makes a great lunch the next day.

    Betty, yes, this would be great after working all day. What a good dish for you to try first!

    Velva, it is. Pretty tasty and easy!

    Jennifurla, wish I could be sending it through to you! Peppers are pretty!

    Torviewtoronto, thank you!

    Susan, great! The peppers add good flavors to the steak for sure.

    Lyndsey, I know what you mean with hubby. I've put garlic powder on my grilled steak but never onion powder. I will have to try that tonight!

    Gloria, thanks so much!

    Linda, I bet you really miss the girls and their take on your good food and all. I'm wondering what their fave American dish is.

    kitchenflavors, you have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

    Biren, thank you! Here's wishing you a great weekend!

    Carol, glad it's liked at your house also. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam - thanks for your lovely comment at my blog. You have a wonderful blog here! I smiled all the way through reading your profile...we have much in common. Keep on showing your love! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmm! Love the cornstarch in this dish to "thicken" it up! To me this is the definition of delicious comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't eaten meat in years, but this dish is something I LOVED when my grandmother made it for me growing up. My husband, who IS a total carnivore, would absolutely love this too. I must make it for him!!! Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is seriously one of my favorite dishes in life and I have NEVER even thought I could make it myself. I always order it out. Yours looks d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Pepper Steak and smothered with garlic and onions, over rice, would have to be good! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your blog!!! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am not a carnivore with a few exceptions but I must admit,adding the red pepper makes this look really yummy. Is there such a thing as a partial carnivore for exceptions like this?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just by looking at the ingredients you've used, I can tell this would be a delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great recipe and one that would surely please my meat-loving family:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yum! I love savory dishes with peppers. Thank you so much for sharing with me. I'm hungry now. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I'm wishing you a week full of love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  28. One plate of rice definitely not enough for this dish, more rice please,,,,, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It was wonderful....I will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam